By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Wii Fit launch thread

Sweeet... I have 4 up on Ebay right now after a quick midnight trip to wal mart paid off when I saw about 6 people standing by electronics waiting for it, and I decided why not. Asked them how many I could get and he said however many I wanted, so I got the 4.

All of them already have bids well over what I paid for them. :)

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

Around the Network

Glad you still don't think it will flop like you were saying before it came out in Japan. Now you can make some serious cash on the game

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Eh.... it's not a game that I would like, but hey, I was there and had an opportunity to take advantage of the situation, so I did. ;)

And it still won't be the best selling game of all time. For me, I just don't really grasp the concept of the game, but that's another argument that I've had in numerous other Wii Fit related threads.

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

I was curious about launch day sales yesterday, so I spent my lunch hour yesterday checking around. I called several targets, Walmarts, TRU, and bought my WiiFit at a Gamestop (had preordered). Got info from all of them.

Gamestop : I purchased mine at the largest volume Nintendo Gamestop in my area, they had 120 preorders, recieved them all and got 15 extra (the manager said they had the largest numbers and got it in one shipment only because of the amount of nintendo product they move.) He said most other local GameStops got about 30 - 40, and they were 98% almost all accounted for via presales in this market. During my purchase I saw 2 sold with Wii's. I wasn't able to find out how many Wii's they got, they had more people waiting behind me. In my 10 minutes in the store : 8 Wii Fit, 2 Wii's Sold. Customers all seemed to be between the ages of 25 and 40.  

Target :  Each said to have recieved about 40 - 45 Wii fit, and 20 - 30 Wii's for launch. They all had lines for WiiFit at open in the morning, and sold out of Wii Fit within an hour. The Wii's were partially sold, and should all be gone now. The clerk at one store said they got 24 Wii's yesterday, but had 45 this past Sunday. He also said Wii & WiiFit are going to be in Sunday's ad, and there would be more Wii's & WF coming in before then.

Walmart: All stores I called in my city had none when I called. I called about 11:00 am. They all said to have recieved about approx 50 (numbers ranged from 42 to 60), and they went on sale at midnight. I found 1 Walmart that had a few in stock, in a very rural area north of my city. This was a smaller store (not a Super Walmart) and said they got 24. Had 3 left.   

The Toys R Us I went to was sold out. They said they recieved 42 and sold all that were not preorders within 10 minutes. No idea how many were actually preoredered though. Lines reported there ot store open as well. Though, 42 seems like an odd number to me, unless they come in boxes of 2 or 3.

Best Buy : Clerk said they got between 40 and 60 and had 4 left (one hour after store open). I asked if she thought they would be there at lunchtime and she told me "absolutely not". 

Circuit City : Sold out, said "they didn't last long" 

I did ask a few people if they hype was big, every person except the rural WalMart said yes, huge. The clerk at the rural Walmart didn't even know you needed a Wii to play Wii Fit.

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709
Thrillhouse said:
Look at this from Amazon...
Buncha people are capatilizing on the launch.
Sigh...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000VJRU44/ref=dp_olp_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1211395687&sr=8-1

Price at a Glance
List Price: $89.99
New: from $149.99
Used: from $158.78
Good Lord! Someone is trying to sell a used Wii Fit for $799.99!!!

Around the Network

Im curious, Wii Fit is set to boom in america, yet in Japan and Others its sold well, but its not exaclty boomed, im just wondering why america is so much more hyped for it than Japan and Others?

Wow, I just got done with my first day and it's actually more work than I thought it was going to be. The step aerobics was fun but nothing that made me sweat but the strength and yoga training were both really good.

I actually wasn't expecting to like the yoga but it was actually pretty cool.

@ PS360ForTheWin

How is 2 million in japan not boomed?

Paul said:
@ PS360ForTheWin

How is 2 million in japan not boomed?

with the hype over it, i wouldve expected sales of closer to 3m and a bigger boost for the Wii's japan sales.

1 in 3 japanese wii owners owns wii fit. The wii outsold the PS3 by almost 6 to 1 this week. What more do you want from it? You're hard to impress.