By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Haze impressions

johnsobas said:
ArtofAngels said:
^ Yeah heaps clever ay, almost poetry, they should write a book and then make a movie it's so clever.

by any chance are you from NZ?

He's from australia

Around the Network

I played the demo and I liked it. I've only tried the single player, and yes, the voice acting was terrible (though maybe they talk like idiots because of the Nectar?), but I liked the gameplay. This game doesn't have to be a AAA game, but I think it will turn out pretty well. Even if it isn't as fun on single player, the co-op will be a blast.

Haze is destined to dethrone Ocarina of Time for sure, I'm from Australia, why do you assume New Zealand?? This is Madness!!

I agree. The demo sucks. I particularly don't like the blur effect of nectar and the graphics are not very sharp or detailed. I wouldn't crucify the full game, YET. I've learned not to make final decissions based on demos, I've had my share of pleasant surprises as well as disappointments from games after trying poor (Heavenly Sword) or great demos (Burnout Paradise).

ArtofAngels said:
Haze is destined to dethrone Ocarina of Time for sure, I'm from Australia, why do you assume New Zealand?? This is Madness!!

This is VGChartz!

And if the story isn't really good (as in enough to excuse what seems like typical FPS mechanics and slightly underwhelming use of the available tech considering its an exclusive) then they'd better hope the coop and MP are fun or its going to modest sales for this game I suspect.

Still, I did like the bit in the demo where the guy asks if you can see him because he knows if you can he's alive, but then he dies and you can't see him anymore due to the Nectar effects...

Also, friendly fire can sure produce some fun results with your 'comrades'.

For some reason I also don't like the artwork either.  I get their poetic meaning, but somehow it doesn't quite work for me.  Oh well.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network

I did not like Haze at all. The game looks great but it plays like crap. Maybe cause it's the a demo. The way the combat system is laid out is horrible. You barely get instruction and when you do it's pretty quick.

It's looks great but as said before looks are not everything. Also, why the heck are the analog sticks so sensitive? I was shooting and the cross hairs move right past what I was aiming at.

Haze like most games released this gen is all hype.

Now Playing: Crysis 2

Last Finished: BulletStorm

Online IDs: PSN: computermaximus, XBL: computermaximus

Is the demo free in the PS-store? Im thinking of giving it a try, after the Devil May Cry 4 demo downloads (in about 17 hours at this rate)

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Yojimbo said:
The game got 6/10 by Gamereactor Sweden. The game have never impressed me.

Who? Oh, i'm sorry i thought you named a credible source.

how much hardware and software will this game move?

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

I love the way stupid people can't tell the difference between poor voice acting and a crap script.

PSN - hanafuda