By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Haze impressions

I downloaded the Demo, and it was terrible, the voice acting was also disturbing.

"Then we can get some chow" I nearly threw up the 'chow' I was eating, he said it out of no-where, poorly executed, terrible, the game as a whole from what little I did play seems just so 'meh, look a Halo wannabe'.

Haze = Halo wannabe, they both start with H and have 4 letters, and are first person shooters that resemble one another.

I did however, like that the Demo allowed for online, and it seemed to work fine and find a server pretty fast.

The worst thing about it is the damn cover art, seriously WTF!

Look at it! Just look at it, it's like it's trying so hard to be 'Cool'.

"Oh I got an idea lets put a crack on his helmet cause it'll look so badass!!!! Oh everyone's gonna think it's soooo cool, never mind that his eye's perfectly fine despite an obvious blow to it"

Blah.

Around the Network

He kinda looks like Scorpion`s brother ...

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

ArtofAngels said:

I downloaded the Demo, and it was terrible, the voice acting was also disturbing.

"Then we can get some chow" I nearly threw up the 'chow' I was eating, he said it out of no-where, poorly executed, terrible, the game as a whole from what little I did play seems just so 'meh, look a Halo wannabe'.

And the worst thing about it is the damn cover art, seriously WTF!

Look at it! Just look at it, it's like it's trying so hard to be 'Cool'.

"Oh I got an idea lets put a crack on his helmet cause it'll look so badass!!!! Oh everyone's gonna think it's soooo cool, never mind that his eye's perfectly fine despite an obvious blow to it"

Blah.

Well there actually is a reason the helmets cracked. You know how the main character eventually switches sides realizing that the rebels are the ones who are really fighting the good fight? Well the cracked mask is sort of like a forshadowing. He's kind of opening his eyes to the truth. I get the cover and it's quite clever if you think about it.  

^ Yeah heaps clever ay, almost poetry, they should write a book and then make a movie it's so clever.

I saw a commercial for it which was terrible. Tough sounding, gravelly-voiced guy talks about how he's become a soldier and tells you how Nectar is a great high and terrible low. It looked like a poor man's Halo from the commercial. Like I said; it was a bad commercial. Who knows? The game could be good, but the marketing sucks.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network
ArtofAngels said:
^ Yeah heaps clever ay, almost poetry, they should write a book and then make a movie it's so clever.

They made a game out of it. That's kinda neat. You know?

I have to agree with AoA, they are trying to make it look cool.

Here is how the decision went down "you know what would be cool.........

.......Your right that would be cool"

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor scientist. Especially if you think the moon landing was faked.

ioi + 1
LongLiveTheBeatles said:
ArtofAngels said:

They made a game out of it. That's kinda neat. You know?

Yeah heaps neat, GoTY confirmed.

From what i take from it the guy that says lets get some chow is so gun ho because he is high as a kite ...but who knows

ArtofAngels said:
[blah]

I did however, like that the Demo allowed for online, and it seemed to work fine and find a server pretty fast.

[blah]

Yeah the PSN tends to be really fast and lag-free, GTA launch/weirdness excepted.

Maybe it's PS3 exclusive b/c 360 already has Halo and shitloads too many FPSs in general, heh.

Wonder which game's online gameplay is more fun, Haze or Halo3?  I hear local multi is great on H3, but online not so much.