By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Haze impressions

I've played the demo yesterday for a bit after long downloading and installing moment. I have to say at first I'm not really into the shooting games but wanted to try out demo's. I'm surprised how much I even liked Heavenly Sword and Devil May Cry 4. From now on I wish to broaden my game interests even more.

I didn't really like the demo that much either. The comments in the game are ridiculous, game felt too easy even for my little experience in FPS. The jungle surrounding was okay but nothing spectacular. I felt let down with excitement in the moments I've played the demo. Resistance Ive even played a bit as well, but kind of scared me off ha ha ha... but that game looked a whole lot better experienced than Haze. It makes me therefore wonder... why postponing it so long all the time? Or maybe the demo just sucks and is the game quite good. The cover looks really "cool" to me, nothing wrong...

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Around the Network

She is going to buy MGS4

Yah, I made a promise which I can't get out of I'm looking forward to see how much I will like the game. I'm planning to re-buy Uncharted... I'm really getting crazy... From now on I never sell a game again until I start eating my shoes out of frustration. That normally never happens though...

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

I thought the gameplay is a bit meh, but haze is a story-centric game. Your fellow soldiers are meant to sound stupid, to make a contrast with the rebels that you join later.
As said before, the hole in the helmet symbolises him seeing the truth, as when the face mask is down, the nectar hides the horrors of war, so dead bodies dissapear due to nectar hiding them.
I think the problem is that they have taken the nectar infused gameplay too far, just to make it contrast with the second half. I did kind of feel addicted to nectar, but that was only because the enviroments were very drab, and even in a jungle, everything seemed very dark, and so the enemies just faded into that, effectively forcing you to use the nectar.

I think this game has a very interesting concept, but the gameplay is't quite there, and the voice acting probably does need some work. I think I will play the demo again to give it another go. I was not particually impressed the first time, though it was quite enjoyable playing co-op, and this is like the only PS3 games that I have that supports proper offline mp

Ah.. Haze... Hyped from the beginning delayed like no tomorrow. :C

Around the Network

i've preordered the game and i'm pretty psyched about it coming out. i just want a new game, getting pretty tired of playing the usual suspects and want something to get me hyped.

I've not played the demo yet as i want to have a full fresh experience when i get the game, but from what people have said, it sounds alright, not great.

i'm hoping that the story and the alternative styles of play once you switch sides will make it more interesting and involving.

sounds to me as the Demo is having the opposite effect to what it should be... maybe not showing off the game by showing a very narrow view of it.

Atari 2600, Sega Mega Drive, Game Boy, Game Boy Advanced, N64, Playstation, Xbox, PSP Phat, PSP 3000, and PS3 60gb (upgraded to 320gb), NDS

Linux Ubuntu user

Favourite game: Killzone 3

@ scruff. I think they would have been better, either to release one with some story (or make that more obvious) or also release one as the rebels

yeah, if they had released 2 - one rebels and one Mantel, you would be able to compare and contrast the styles of play and make you realise how varied it is.

i also like the sound that players have really gotten 'addicted' to the nectar - it's going to be quite a comedown in the second part of the game where you have to get used to your own abilities without the nectar. thats going to be hard.

Atari 2600, Sega Mega Drive, Game Boy, Game Boy Advanced, N64, Playstation, Xbox, PSP Phat, PSP 3000, and PS3 60gb (upgraded to 320gb), NDS

Linux Ubuntu user

Favourite game: Killzone 3

Well, the only probelm with that is, that the only reason that I am addicted to nectar, is because the rebels are hard to pick out without it, but with mantel, they have the bright yellow armour as a sort of guide

I had high hopes for Haze, but the demo kinda blew it for me.

I always trusted Free Radical, but after playing the demo, I guess I'll wait this one out. With GTA still having some life in it, GRID coming next week, and MGS4 2 weeks after that, and Bad Company a week after that, I guess it will only gather dust...