By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rare:Banjo 3 is 80% vehicle.

With that, they won't get much fan from the original series that sticked to Nintendo to jump into MS boat. If Tales of Vesperia makes it to the PS3, I have no more reason to want a 360.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Around the Network

I have a major question to ask everyone.

Where is that dude with the SotN avatar who flamed me when I said that the trailer looked dissapointing cause of all the vehicles.

He said, "At least it's not a rehash like Nintendo and they are trying something different."

Say something now, SotN guy. Post on this topic and admit your mistake in defending the game as a platformer, because this completely justifies my argument.

PS: I own a 360 and a PS3. I love my 360 more. However, this game looks bad. I never played the previous ones, but that doesn't really matter since this one is apparently a free-roaming vehicle game.

Who thinks they put Mario in the trailer to increase sales?

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

gebx said:
Xponent said:
I don't like the new concept. But then again, I wasn't very enthusiastic about the spherical worlds concept of Galaxy, and that worked out fine. At least they are trying something new I guess.

QFT!

All those hating something they havn't tried or played can go, you know what, themselves.

From my perspective it looks like a free roaming LBP without user generate content with a little bit of SMG without the galaxies... mind you that the generated content and the galaxies are what/will make LBP and SMG good.

I don't think people are hating on it.  They just expected a Banjo and Kazooie game.  Which I can understand.  Though at the same time I hated Banjo games and this one looks good.

NJ5 said:
In other news, the next Super Mario game will be a FPS.

I'm telling you get id Soft aboard and make "Return to Castle Bowser: Enemy Territory".

It'd sell millions!  Millions i'd say!

I'd also like to see what kind of wacky mario hijinks would do to overturn the usual FPS game. 

Stop calling this game Banjo Kart.

It's more like... Banjo Sunshine!

Around the Network

This may be a very good and different game but let me put it this way; it's also a good way to abandon your fan base.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Ksz216 said:
NJ5 said:
In other news, the next Super Mario game will be a FPS.

I'm telling you get id Soft aboard and make "Return to Castle Bowser: Enemy Territory".

It'd sell millions! Millions i'd say!

I'd also like to see what kind of wacky mario hijinks would do to overturn the usual FPS game.

Okay lets get a team of together we can make the official PC mod. It will be more fun than NintenDOOM.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3w6FxkYU9qM

It won't be a racer like some think, I think. It might be some sort of driving-platformer, also with airplane vehicles. It can be quite good if they do it right. it's a little too early to draw conclusions.

''Hadouken!''

ZenfoldorVGI said:
I have a major question to ask everyone.

Where is that dude with the SotN avatar who flamed me when I said that the trailer looked dissapointing cause of all the vehicles.

He said, "At least it's not a rehash like Nintendo and they are trying something different."

Say something now, SotN guy. Post on this topic and admit your mistake in defending the game as a platformer, because this completely justifies my argument.

PS: I own a 360 and a PS3. I love my 360 more. However, this game looks bad. I never played the previous ones, but that doesn't really matter since this one is apparently a free-roaming vehicle game.

Who thinks they put Mario in the trailer to increase sales?

Don't even get me started. Remember when I posted that news article 3 months ago entitled something like "Rare announces Banjo Gameplay, Sure to Suck Ass"?

Boy, did I catch hell for that one.

BTW, now that we're on the topic of that news article, this is to everyone who bashed me in that thread:

*turns around, bends over, drops pants*

Bitches! 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Good bye platformer, Welcome racing.