By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rare:Banjo 3 is 80% vehicle.

epsilon72 said:
Well, I guess this is the last nail in Rare's coffin. All that was good about them before has faded away.

Well, that's quite the overreaction. You may not like the direction the franchise is going but that doesn't mean it's not a good game.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network
Nintendo Zealot said:
Why would they bother bringing back Banjo for a racing game? It makes no sense, there has got to be some other series that would be better for a vehicle based game.

Hmmmmmm.......Blast Corps? That with Modifiable cars might be a very nice idea.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

I owned the first two additions to the series and I was hyped for the third installment on the 360...until this.

Would have been better to just use this concept for a new intellectual property or a future spin-off of the franchise, but I have zero interest in this game now. 80% Vehicles?

Just Ugh...

I hope this decision was not influenced by Microsoft. I really want the 360 to do well, but it seems Microsoft is intent on sabotaging their own efforts.

I wonder what other exclusive titles Microsoft will ruin with terrible ideas...

Well, I guess I can still look forward to Fable 2!

I'm not a fanboy, I just try to tip the balance in favor of logic and common sense.

Far less interested in the game since it has taken this direction. This is not the sort of game i was looking forward too(doesnt even appear the sort of game i might like).
I might take a look at it when its out...but chances of a purchase seem fairly small right now.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

In other news, the next Super Mario game will be a FPS.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
Rock_on_2008 said:

So quite a change away from being a platformer. Banjo 3 = Banjo Racer. Why not call it Banjo Kart?

I expect the new Banjo game will have review scores with low 80 averages. Do not take it personally if reviewers rate down your games on your console(s) of choice. Bear in mind most game reviewers are N00bs.

Ha! Bear in mind... That's a good one...

OT: Not in the least interested by this title...

My former account was HeSSeH, but I lost it. 

Now let's not totally destroy Rare here. This game could end up good, it could be really fun.

But it's not the same Banjo Kazooie and I'm pissed about that. I still want a true run and jump Banjo platformer.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

thekitchensink said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:
WoW because platformers are like so 90's.
Platforms are so Nintendo. The top games on Nintendo are either a Mario or Zelda game.

Zelda is not a platformer. On the flip side, Jak, Crash, Ratchet, etc, are all platformers. So... what? Nintendo are, of course, the BEST in the platformer genre, but it doesn't belong exclusively to them.

@Gebx: Where are you getting that BK:NB has no user-generated content? YOU make the cars out of pieces that you find! Slap a rocket on the back, and you've got super-speed. Put it underneath, and you've got a hovercraft. Put it underneath and facing upwards, and you've got a car that can jump! It's like Mario Kart with user-created vehicles!

Honestly, I'm looking forward to this, but for different reasons than I thought I would. I am thinking, though, that this means Microsoft is still without a true, great platform game.

I disaggre personally I still think that Jak & Daxter is the best platformet EVER! Too bad they fucked it up with Jak II...

jcp234 said:
I owned the first two additions to the series and I was hyped for the third installment on the 360...until this.

Would have been better to just use this concept for a new intellectual property or a future spin-off of the franchise, but I have zero interest in this game now. 80% Vehicles?

Just Ugh...

I hope this decision was not influenced by Microsoft. I really want the 360 to do well, but it seems Microsoft is intent on sabotaging their own efforts.

I wonder what other exclusive titles Microsoft will ruin with terrible ideas...

Well, I guess I can still look forward to Fable 2!

I hear the next Fable is going to be a spaceflight sim with robots.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

I know its a bit off topic, but in terms of visuals (which the game is getting alot of praise for it seems) ratchet and clank for ps3 rapes this game.