By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rare:Banjo 3 is 80% vehicle.

Wait, this is a platformer, right? What the hell?!
It'll be as much a platformer as Driv3r then it seems.

Around the Network
thekitchensink said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:
WoW because platformers are like so 90's.
Platforms are so Nintendo. The top games on Nintendo are either a Mario or Zelda game.

Zelda is not a platformer.  On the flip side, Jak, Crash, Ratchet, etc, are all platformers.  So... what? Nintendo are, of course, the BEST in the platformer genre, but it doesn't belong exclusively to them.

@Gebx: Where are you getting that BK:NB has no user-generated content?  YOU make the cars out of pieces that you find!  Slap a rocket on the back, and you've got super-speed.  Put it underneath, and you've got a hovercraft.  Put it underneath and facing upwards, and you've got a car that can jump!  It's like Mario Kart with user-created vehicles!

Honestly, I'm looking forward to this, but for different reasons than I thought I would.  I am thinking, though, that this means Microsoft is still without a true, great platform game. 

No, thats the LBP part that relates to Banjo.. its just that in LBP, users can create their own basic objects.. (right?? or did i get confused somewhere in the fanboy dribble)

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

gebx said:
thekitchensink said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:
WoW because platformers are like so 90's.
Platforms are so Nintendo. The top games on Nintendo are either a Mario or Zelda game.

Zelda is not a platformer. On the flip side, Jak, Crash, Ratchet, etc, are all platformers. So... what? Nintendo are, of course, the BEST in the platformer genre, but it doesn't belong exclusively to them.

@Gebx: Where are you getting that BK:NB has no user-generated content? YOU make the cars out of pieces that you find! Slap a rocket on the back, and you've got super-speed. Put it underneath, and you've got a hovercraft. Put it underneath and facing upwards, and you've got a car that can jump! It's like Mario Kart with user-created vehicles!

Honestly, I'm looking forward to this, but for different reasons than I thought I would. I am thinking, though, that this means Microsoft is still without a true, great platform game.

No, thats the LBP part that relates to Banjo.. its just that in LBP, users can create their own basic objects.. (right?? or did i get confused somewhere in the fanboy dribble)

no you got it right,,you can create you own level how ever you like in LBP

Gaaaay. I always wondered how Rare would manage to screw up this one.....yeah, that'll do it alright.

i really wish they gave a proper platformer for the 'revival' of the franchise rather than a spinoff

Around the Network
ToastyJaguar said:
Just as they said, doing something like the last games would not be much of a step forward. Still just because the game has vehicles, it doesn't mean it will be a failure.

I'm looking at you rock on with you with low 80 average.

They tried concepts that were more like the old games and they though they weren't very good so stop crying.

that's not even what people are saying, most people don't that because it has vehicles it will be bad.  There are a few people that think that because rare's recent track record isn't that good it might suck but that's a different story.  People are just upset because it's banjo.  

This isn't a step forward, and don't tell me that platformers can't improve anymore.  This isn't a step forward because you're not even making a platform game anymore, with 80% vehicles this is more comparable to mario kart then to mario galaxy.  

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Why would they bother bringing back Banjo for a racing game? It makes no sense, there has got to be some other series that would be better for a vehicle based game.

^Guy pissing on Microsoft Sign

UBISOFT BOYCOTT

johnsobas said:
ToastyJaguar said:
Just as they said, doing something like the last games would not be much of a step forward. Still just because the game has vehicles, it doesn't mean it will be a failure.

I'm looking at you rock on with you with low 80 average.

They tried concepts that were more like the old games and they though they weren't very good so stop crying.

that's not even what people are saying, most people don't that because it has vehicles it will be bad. There are a few people that think that because rare's recent track record isn't that good it might suck but that's a different story. People are just upset because it's banjo.

This isn't a step forward, and don't tell me that platformers can't improve anymore. This isn't a step forward because you're not even making a platform game anymore, with 80% vehicles this is more comparable to mario kart then to mario galaxy.

So why is everyone so upset if it's not for the vehicles?

I dunno dude, this game looks pretty sick to me, but i'm going to wait and see what kind of reviews it gets before i decide to blow it off as "some racer".( which is already false, the game is definately not a racer, go read some previews, everyone loves what Rare has done).

CAN I JUST REPEAT FOR ALL THOSE SAYING IT'S A RACER. GO READ A PREVIEW AND COME BACK PLZ 

I think most people would've accepted a basic sequel with the standard graphical update. They could've ushered in the vehicle parts a little slower, instead of making 80% of the game vehicle based. The vehicle control better be good. You don't want another Lair (j/k)

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Amazing people will bash any kind of platformer that isn't Nintendo-esque. Again, you bash Kameo, and Rare is trying to make a Banjo that's nothing like Kameo, so how are they to make you happy? If BK3 was just BK2 with tons of graphic updates, you would of argued that Rare sucked, because they aren't innovators in the platforming genre.

What if, when it comes out, we have a perfect blend of Banjo 1 platforming, and a more sandbox-y version of Pilotwings, all rolled into 1?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.