By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rare:Banjo 3 is 80% vehicle.

Parokki said:
The amount of outrage this game is receiving from the fans of its predecessor is making me get pretty interested in it. Fans complaining about the developer doing something too different and screwing things up are a sure sign of a worthwhile and original game!

You realise that they are basicly defying the purpose of a sequel.

If they wanted to do something "original" why not make a completley new game  instead of messing up the gameplay formula.

Around the Network
Parokki said:
The amount of outrage this game is receiving from the fans of its predecessor is making me get pretty interested in it. Fans complaining about the developer doing something too different and screwing things up are a sure sign of a worthwhile and original game!

You realise that they are basicly defying the purpose of a sequel , right ?

If they wanted to do something "original" why not make a completley new game  instead of messing up the gameplay formula.

Imperial said:
Parokki said:

You realise that they are basicly defying the purpose of a sequel.

Unless they're trying to appeal to the core audience.

I am speechless.In a negative way.
80% of driving,racing and constructing vehicles.Could you still call that a platformer? :(
Time will tell...

Tempus fugit Nintendo manet.

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Member - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Regular - Pass 2k
Level 4 - Addicted - Pass 5k
Level 5 - Obsessed - Pass 10k
Level 6 - Old Guard - Pass 20k
Level 7 - Legend - Pass 50k
Level 8 - Demi-God - Pass 100k
Level 9 - God - Pass 250k
Level 10 - Zeus - Pass 500k

New Table:

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Rookie - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Padawan - Pass 10k
Level 4 - Sea Dog - Pass 25k
Level 5 - Captain - Pass 50k
Level 6 - Agent - Pass 100k
Level 7 - Elite - Pass 175k
Level 8 - Hero - Pass 250k
Level 9 - Legend - Pass 500k
Level 10 - Titan - Pass 1 Million

Just as they said, doing something like the last games would not be much of a step forward. Still just because the game has vehicles, it doesn't mean it will be a failure.

I'm looking at you rock on with you with low 80 average.

They tried concepts that were more like the old games and they though they weren't very good so stop crying.

Around the Network

im not that excited anymore, 80% vehicles. i guss they are trying to attract a more casual audience. -_-

3DS FC: 4355-9313-6815

Wow, erm... Hmm... okay then.

Xponent said:
I don't like the new concept. But then again, I wasn't very enthusiastic about the spherical worlds concept of Galaxy, and that worked out fine. At least they are trying something new I guess.

QFT!

All those hating something they havn't tried or played can go, you know what, themselves.

From my perspective it looks like a free roaming LBP without user generate content with a little bit of SMG without the galaxies... mind you that the generated content and the galaxies are what/will make LBP and SMG good.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Rock_on_2008 said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:
WoW because platformers are like so 90's.
Platforms are so Nintendo. The top games on Nintendo are either a Mario or Zelda game.

Zelda is not a platformer.  On the flip side, Jak, Crash, Ratchet, etc, are all platformers.  So... what? Nintendo are, of course, the BEST in the platformer genre, but it doesn't belong exclusively to them.

@Gebx: Where are you getting that BK:NB has no user-generated content?  YOU make the cars out of pieces that you find!  Slap a rocket on the back, and you've got super-speed.  Put it underneath, and you've got a hovercraft.  Put it underneath and facing upwards, and you've got a car that can jump!  It's like Mario Kart with user-created vehicles!

Honestly, I'm looking forward to this, but for different reasons than I thought I would.  I am thinking, though, that this means Microsoft is still without a true, great platform game. 

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

My anticipation for this title just went to shit. Yeah, atleast Rare is trying something "new", but when they're pretty much changing the genre of one of their most beloved IPs - making it drastically different - it's always gonna be hard for dedicated fans to swallow.