By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rare:Banjo 3 is 80% vehicle.

dante said:
people still don't get that its not a racer, but a platformer with vehicles

It really is quite amazing that most people haven't worked that out. Says a lot about them I guess. I suppose they'd rather roll around in hyperbole and moral outrage than have a reasonable discussion.

Debating with fanboys, its not
all that dissimilar to banging ones
head against a wall 
Around the Network
rocketpig said:

Don't even get me started. Remember when I posted that news article 3 months ago entitled something like "Rare announces Banjo Gameplay, Sure to Suck Ass"?

Boy, did I catch hell for that one.

BTW, now that we're on the topic of that news article, this is to everyone who bashed me in that thread:

*turns around, bends over, drops pants*

Bitches! 

Picko said:
dante said:

It really is quite amazing that most people haven't worked that out. Says a lot about them I guess. I suppose they'd rather roll around in hyperbole and moral outrage than have a reasonable discussion.

everybody seems to misunderstand. It's that it's a bait and switch. It's not that it will be a bad game, it's not that the concept is stupid, it's that it's a completely different game than what people had been wanting. It may very well be an awesome game, but it will never be what people wanted it to be. 

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

The_vagabond7 said:
Picko said:
dante said:

everybody seems to misunderstand. It's that it's a bait and switch. It's not that it will be a bad game, it's not that the concept is stupid, it's that it's a completely different game than what people had been wanting. It may very well be an awesome game, but it will never be what people wanted it to be.

No vagabond, their point was that many people in the numerous Banjo topics are calling this game a racer, and they're calling them out on it, because this is not a racing game. Go re-read the topic and see how many people are calling this a racing game.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

This could still work, but somehow it's not BK anymore, spells to transform and gain abilities, awesome platformer, this feels like a spinoff (even more so since it's not on a nintendo console)
Perhaps the next Conker game will be a sports game? I wonder what happened to the old Rare

Listen to the voice of reason, then do as I say.

Around the Network

hmm.. whats next? Mario riding a dinousaur? Shit.
Honestly, this is gonna be a great game.

Onyxmeth said:
The_vagabond7 said:
Picko said:
dante said:

No vagabond, their point was that many people in the numerous Banjo topics are calling this game a racer, and they're calling them out on it, because this is not a racing game. Go re-read the topic and see how many people are calling this a racing game.

Ppl are calling it a racer because its 80% in vehicles.

Its sarcasm..theyt know its not actually a racer, but its not a platformer anymore either.  You dont spend 80% of the time driving in a platformer...

I actually wouldnt have minded the vehicles if it had been more like 20% driving, 80% platforming.  Kind of like mumbo  transforming you into things in the original.  You did that for maybe 2 puzzle pieces, but the rest you got normally with just banjo and kazooie.  I wouldnt have minded getting 2 puzzle pieces with special vehicles, and 8 puzzle pieces on foot.  To me its just an interesting gameplay mechanic that could have added something a little interesting to the game if it was used only in small ammounts.  But 80% is way over kill.

Man said:
Onyxmeth said:
The_vagabond7 said:
Picko said:
dante said:

Ppl are calling it a racer because its 80% in vehicles.

Its sarcasm..theyt know its not actually a racer, but its not a platformer anymore either. You dont spend 80% of the time driving in a platformer...

I actually wouldnt have minded the vehicles if it had been more like 20% driving, 80% platforming. Kind of like mumbo transforming you into things in the original. You did that for maybe 2 puzzle pieces, but the rest you got normally with just banjo and kazooie. I wouldnt have minded getting 2 puzzle pieces with special vehicles, and 8 puzzle pieces on foot. To me its just an interesting gameplay mechanic that could have added something a little interesting to the game if it was used only in small ammounts. But 80% is way over kill.

On the contrary Rare's about to prove this year that you can spend 80% of your time driving in a platformer. Also not everyone here was being sarcastic. There's quite a few members that are under the impression this is a racing game because they cannot seperate vehicles from racing. Guess they never played Blast Corps.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Boooo! This was one of the games that would have confirmed a 360 purchase for me :(

What is wrong with a platformer? Its not like they have a lot of those :P

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

I don't understand why everyone is upset at Rare when Nintendo wrecked the Mario i grew up loving when they brought it to 3D. The same goes with Zelda, metroid, Sonic, and any other older Franchise that we grew up playing.