By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Favourite System and Why

I have all the current gem consoles, it is hard to choose between them, but here goes...

1. Nintendo DS - Simply because this console probably has more great games than the others added together. Phoenix Wright games make this system win hands down as well. They are the true definition of great DS gaming.

2. Nintendo wii - Simply because it is so damn fun.

Around the Network

This topic makes me feel better about my life.

Kinda like the Wii, lol.

Still, going with the DS though. DS or PS2.

All time?

SNES hands down. 

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

360 best games out right now, great online features, gotta love that controller especially those triggers for fps. best sports titles ie madden , nhl and the best point... GTA IV exclusive content

PS3 is my favourite. It has a damn good line-up for it's first year and it's future line-up is one of the best I've ever seen.
Free online rules, not quite as advanced as Live yet but it's actually better in a few ways. I'd say it has the most impressive graphics of the 3 consoles and the Blu-Ray, wi-fi, internet browser, easily upgradeable hard drive and Remote Play with the PSP are all great features.
And it's so shiny!

definitely the wii,i was very disenchanted with gaming towards the end of the last gen thanks to games being too samey albeit with better graphics. To me the wii was a breath of fresh air and reinvigorated my hardcore attitude to gaming. Special mention goes to the 360 though all thanks to the upcoming release of fable 2.

nintendo and sega fan since i was old enough to hold a game controller.

note: my games collection on my profile is only 20ish% complete, i've got a boatload of 360,saturn and dreamcast games to add and a few ps3 games, thanks :)

Around the Network

I have WII and PS3 and like the PS3 the most. The 3 games so far I've played (Ratchet & Clank, Folklore and now Oblivion) have more impact on me than all the WII games I have right now. The hardware shows better possibilities than the WII with (hopefully) more bigger and interesting games in the future. I have DS and PSP and having a hard time choosing which one is better.... I'd say equal.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

I got a Wii and a 360.

My favorite is the 360 because :
-i love xbox live to play with my friends
-the games are great, and there are loads of them.
-the graphics are great
- the 360 controller is very comfortable.
-relatively cheap.
-and listening to my own music within any is actually one of the best things.

The Wii. I could go on and on about all of the reasons that it is my favorite system but I think that by narrowing down to two explains it all. The amount of time that I play it (which is WAY TOO MUCH) and the fact the I have more fun while playing it then I have any other system.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

endimion said:
Xponent said:
Best console of this generation: Wii/DS

Wii Sports
Wii Fit Mario Kart Wii/DS
SM Galaxy
SSBB
Animal Crossing
Zelda PH
Nintendogs
Motion Controls/Touch screen
Shigeru Miyamoto

Best console of all time: N64

SM64
Goldeneye 007
Zelda OoT

blasfemy..... super nes over N64 anyday lol :P

Sure, the SNES is a fantastic system no doubt. But for me, the N64 is the greatest multiplayer console to have ever existed, and for that reason, it edges the SNES.

PC trumps every console ever released in regards to games, the list of amazing pc titles is almost endless.

Out of the current gen consoles its the 360, best games out now, great online, good controller etc. Its a nice system. Microsofts focus on JRPG's got me into the genre. I usually play Western RPGs (still prefer them, but lets not get into that debate).