By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Favourite System and Why

I've got the feeling several people around here are NOT having 2 current gen consoles as asked in the beginning but only have "1".

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Around the Network
FaRmLaNd said:
PC trumps every console ever released in regards to games, the list of amazing pc titles is almost endless.

Out of the current gen consoles its the 360, best games out now, great online, good controller etc. Its a nice system. Microsofts focus on JRPG's got me into the genre. I usually play Western RPGs (still prefer them, but lets not get into that debate).

Yes, but the PC has an unfair advantage because there is no distinction between generations.

*~Onna76~* said:
I've got the feeling several people around here are NOT having 2 current gen consoles as asked in the beginning but only have "1".
I just don't see logically how it makes any sense that, if you have a favorite console, you have to buy a console in which you don't have any interest, just to be able to prove that you have actual reasons for which the console you own is your favorite.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Wii
Reliable
has SSBB, SMG, MK Wii
Wiimte

Grey Acumen said:
*~Onna76~* said:
I just don't see logically how it makes any sense that, if you have a favorite console, you have to buy a console in which you don't have any interest, just to be able to prove that you have actual reasons for which the console you own is your favorite.

my logic is clearly stated.  Bias. 

Bias is far less likely from those who actually own more than one.  I didnt want someone who just fawns over a system because its all they have.  (by the way, the purchasing another system comment was a joke...i just didnt want them posting)

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:
coolestguyever said:
I have 360 and PS3.

My favourite is PS3, i think their exclusive titles are better. I actually don't find XBL to be any better than PSN to be honest, and you have to pay for it.

360 has a great controller for FPS, still great online, some great exclusives.

but in the end PS3 wins based on better games, and just as good an online experience. Plus blu ray doesn't hurt!

You mean better games that are coming up, right, cause I wanna hear some of these PS3 games that make it have a better library than the Xbox 360, lol.

I'm for real. 

yes...I meant coming up. I don't think i even need to list them, theres over 100 threads listing PS3's good games in '08/'09.

360 because it has great exclusives and they are taking most of what were originally PS3 exclusives such as Assassin's Creed, DMC4, etc. Xbox 360 has alot of great games.

Wii is fun too. I love their creativeness in motion sensors(PS3's motion sensor isn't that great because it already has two analog sticks). They have some awesome titles such as SSBB, SMG, LOZ: TP, MK, etc., but not nearly as much as the 360 does.

I like all the consoles for various reasons. This is the amount I play each:

1. 360
2. Wii
3. PS3
4. DS
5. PSP

I like the 360 for the games, great online, integrated voicechat (fuck you Sony, Bluetooth sucks for chat), and the fact that pretty much all my RL friends own one and that lets me play with them in Gears and Halo co-op. I like the Wii for quirky games like Zack & Wiki and Okami, not to mention Nintendos first-party offerings. I like the PS3 for Blu-ray, DVD upscaling, and games like Uncharted.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Of the 3 I've owned:

1) DS (incredibly library of games spanning every genre I care about)
2) Wii
3) PSP

If you can count PC as a console it goes above all of them.

Wii has the best games library for my taste (360 is close), and has the freshness no other console currently has for me.

I also own a PS3, but I kind of dislike it. GTA 4 will make sure my PS3 will get my full attention for the coming weeks though, no time for the Wii anymore.

I'm also a PC gamer, having pretty much a game beast hardware-wise. Though, I mostly play older games, like Baldur's Gate and Heroes of Might and Magic 3.

I would like to own a 360, but I think's it's overkill, and I'm afraid of the RRoD.