By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Favourite System and Why

The wii Because of the games, Motion controls, and the VC/ wiiware, the DS because of the games too

Around the Network

Starcraft will give his list of excellent 360 games including Gears of War 2, Banjo Kazooie 3 and Fable 2. I just gave my list of excellent PS3 games that popped into my head. I bet all of mine and Starcraft's games will receive excellent reviews.

Wii because of fun games with friends and family. Super Mario Galaxy is awesome. VC games, I buy way too many. I am looking forward to WiiWare.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

I like the games I've had a privilege of playing on the 360 more but the PS3 as a system is much better. I'm just waiting on some of the bigger games.

i own all 3 the 360 is easily my favorite my obsessions with gears and halo consumed more hours of my life than any other video games. all my friends have a 360 and live so i can always play with them. while mostly shooters still a diverse library and my favorite game this gen Bioshock

Around the Network
Rock_on_2008 said:
Starcraft will give his list of excellent 360 games including Gears of War 2, Banjo Kazooie 3 and Fable 2. I just gave my list of excellent PS3 games that popped into my head. I bet all of mine and Starcraft's games will receive excellent reviews.

Those games don't exist yet either. They cannot be excellent. They can be excellent after they're played and proven to be excellent. I don't care if you're excited about upcoming PS3 games, but to call games you've never played and will not play for 6-12 months "excellent" is ignorant, because for all you know every one of them could be a massive flop.

Secondly, please don't mention Starcraft in every topic he's not even entered. It really makes you seem desperate and sad.

Why don't you spend more time playing your PS3 and less time chatting people up on here if you cherish your PS3 as much as your signature would make us believe? For someone so desperately attached to Sony, you sure do find an awful lot of time to post 30+ topics a day. It must be hard to have a job with all of the 8 hours a day of PS3 and 10 hours a day of VGChartz.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

The Wii makes me love gaming again. I've had every system up to the last gen (PS2, Gamecube, Xbox) and then some. I was going to type a bunch of drunk nonsense here, but I'll spare you the jibber and just say Wii is fun as hell. Hooray Wii for being all around good.

I only own a Wii and a DS, but I've demoed the PS3, either in stores or on friend's consoles.

Controllers:

I found the 360 controls to be kinda okay, but I hated the trigger buttons, if they had made them concave, like an actual trigger, it wouldn't have been so bad, but as it is, it felt like every time I pressed it, I ended up keeping it pressed with the side of my finger instead of the underside of the finger.

PS3 has much the same problem, to a further extent, it does come across as being too light, and the motion controls felt constantly limited to two choices of "steer" or "shake the controller like you're a child abuser"

Wiimote is comfy, not too many buttons, but everything is right under my fingertips, I can use the wiimote to point at the screen, and I can also use the nunchuk and wiimote motion sensors independently, so I don't feel like i'm handcuffed while playing a game.

Graphics:
360 has a lot of mood, but not much personality. Games tend to be darker adn a lot of mood lighting, overly complicated controls, I honestly cannot understand why people feel it's so great for FPS, yet that's what it's focus seems to be in.

PS3 has a bunch of pretty stuff. Where 360 focuses on high end uber realistic graphics, PS3 leans more towards prettier eye candy that is still technically complex, but sacrifices reality for aesthetic appeal

Wii ranges anywhere from uber simplistic to highly stylized. While Wii games tend to lack graphical content, the content that is there is(if done properly) focused on the most important stylistic aspect, which creates simple yet engaging art styles. No More Heroes is a perfect example of this. This compares to how World of Warcraft is often felt to look better than Everquest, even though EQ actually has more complex graphics. It's the art style itself which actually is the point people notice most.

Games:
there aren't any games on the 360 that I'm personally interested in

There aren't any PS3 games I'm really interested in just yet, but I may check out Little Big Planet, and some of the PS3/360 multiplatforms, like Portal, I'd be more likely to get on the PS3.

I've already got some dozen games for Wii, including a few Gamecube games that i still play. either way, this is the largest that my video game collection has ever been after only 2 years being out on the market.

Other stuff:
360 has issues that the hardware reliavility still makes me doubt getting the system for myself. I get a console on the idea that I don't have to worry about it the way I woudl a PC.

PS3 has a LOT of extra features, and a lot of them are really cool, but a lot of them, i'll probably never use and it feels like a waste.

Wi carely has any extra features, but I got it to play games, and so far ir does that quite well.

So Wii wins out

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

XBOX360!!!

1)The best controller ever created in the gaming industry (except the D-PAD).

2)360 has the best shooters (FPS +TPS)!!

1 DS
2 Wii
3 PSP
4 360

Don't own a PS3 yet, and I won't before the price drops again again.