By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Favourite System and Why

PC is rules all, since PC has alot more features, advantages and has the best games (PC's 2008 lineup totally dwarfs both PS3 and 360's lineups).

But if we're not including PC, then my choice is the Wii, because it's a good addition to my PC.

Around the Network

Current generation...tough call between PS3 and Wii...I´m having a great time with both...can´t decide ;_;

But, my favorite system ever is the SNES...it was my "golden age of being young and new to Final Fantasy,StarFox,Zelda,Castlevania,Street Fighter,Chrono,etc".....good times,man...good times.

I started gaming with the NES, but only at the end of its life...only with the SNES I got to really 'get into the game'.

I have a DS, 4 PS3, 1 Wii, and 6 360's...

I like 360 the most because of the games, controller, marketplace, and Live.

I had two RRoD consoles and had no problem sending them back and getting replacements. In fact, a week after they came back Microsoft accidently shipped me a third console.

Also, when Live was down at Christmas I was playing with my brother in law at his place locally so we didn't notice. Later Microsoft offered Undertow (which I had already bought) for free as compensation for the pain I never suffered. When, I phoned Live, they reimbursed me the points for the Undertow purchase.

But, I also like my PS3's, even though there could be more games for it.

And my Wii, is pretty much the only games my wife like me to play with the kids.

The DS keeps takes my mind off work at lunch when I have had a crappy day dealing with our whiny staff, program coordinators, project managers, developers, and project architects (Why can't we all just get along?).

DS and Wii for one important reason: NINTENDO GAMES!!!!!!!!!!

Wii is my favourite due to the IR pointer, and 1st party games. Motion sensitivity has alot of potential.

I'm buying a DS when I get some money, for the touch and dual screen, as well as 1st party games.

I'll buy a PS3 eventually, to play RE5, FFXIII and MGS4

360 has few games that appeal to me

PSP, i couldnt justify buying it simply to play Patapon

Around the Network

I have Wii and 360.

Wii is my current favorite, since I have far more games for it (almost all of which are excellent), the controller is awesome, and it has a huge amount of potential for even better games.

360 has a pretty good controller, and has excellent graphics, but I only have a few games, and it doesn't have quite enough variety in the library.

I own 3 consoles, PS3, PSP and DS, and I have to say, I'm going with PS3.

Outside of playing guitar hero, CoD4 and AC, I was able to store mass amount of movies (Divx) and music on there. With my bose speakers set-up, It's a great entertainment unit when I'm not playing games. And there's blu-ray feature.. which I love

No, I don't use it surf the internet, I would pick my PC as my system of choice, but I went with "portability" over "power", my laptop can't play most of current games.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Still my PS2...I am still trying to finish every game I own on my PS2 and I think I will still be stuck for a couple of years.

Right now, I have all 5 consoles, although I'm probably going to sell the Wii soon.

1. PS3
2. Xbox 360 tied w/ PSP
3. DS
Very distant 4. Wii

PS3 is my favorite because I love Blu-ray and free online (since I'm not a big enough online gamer to pay for it). Current line-up is decent with multi-plat titles. The future line-up is what I'm most looking forward to out of all the consoles. MGS4, GT5, Motorstom 2 (Gameplay was great in 1, just not enough stuff) and FF 13 are the games I'm most excited about.

For the Xbox 360 (I can't stand MS as a company in monopoly situations, but as long as they are in good competition it's all good), I enjoy the more niche titles, although I can't stand Halo. So far, the good jRPGs are on the console. I have LO, Eternal Sonata, Mass Effect and DOA4 so far. Looking forward to ToV, IU, and NG2. Hardware could be a little better. Thing is loud.

PSP is tied with Xbox 360. The game library has finally come around after a couple of years. Also, I love having the PS1 features enabled.

DS - Zelda and FF remakes are what I use it for. It doesn't really make as much of an impression as the other consoles.

Wii - The only thing that has impressed me so far was SSBB. I'm dissatisfied with MK. I'm probably going to sell it and maybe get it again when there is something that really impresses me. Everyone and their grandmother has a Wii and SSBB, so I play at friends' houses because it's more fun to play that game with others.

Oh yeah, the PS2 if it still counts because it is still selling in masses, is probably my favorite for this gen because of the unsurpassed game library. 

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

As of now it is 360 due to bioshock but come sept. I may sell my 360 if these bioshock rumors to ps3 come up true. My ps3 has been getting alot of attention lately due to COD4