By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Favourite System and Why

Participants in this thread are requested to have at least 2 current generation consoles (including handhelds) [if you have only 1 you are more likely to be biased, so please go buy another system before participating ;) ]

Please only present positives about your favourite and not negatives about why you dont like another systems.

and to start off: 

My favourite is the xbox 360.  I am fond of the controller, it seems to fit well in my hand with all buttons in comfortable easily reached spots.   I find the selection of games to be large, varied and of good quality.  Something interesting always seems to be on sale as well.  During a distressful time(rrod) i found Microsofts Support to be very helpful, courteous, fast(i had a replacement within a week).   I also like the 2-tiered online, not being a big online player, i like still having access to the store and other features.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network

I have 360 and PS3.

My favourite is PS3, i think their exclusive titles are better. I actually don't find XBL to be any better than PSN to be honest, and you have to pay for it.

360 has a great controller for FPS, still great online, some great exclusives.

but in the end PS3 wins based on better games, and just as good an online experience. Plus blu ray doesn't hurt!

The DS is my favorite system because of The World Ends With You and Phoenix Wright.

The PS2 is my favorite system because of Odin Sphere and Persona 3: FES.

The Wii is my favorite system because of Radiant Dawn and No More Heroes.

The PS3 is my favorite system because of Final Fantasy XIII and MGS4.

I don't play the 360 or PSP ever again.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

coolestguyever said:
I have 360 and PS3.

My favourite is PS3, i think their exclusive titles are better. I actually don't find XBL to be any better than PSN to be honest, and you have to pay for it.

360 has a great controller for FPS, still great online, some great exclusives.

but in the end PS3 wins based on better games, and just as good an online experience. Plus blu ray doesn't hurt!

You mean better games that are coming up, right, cause I wanna hear some of these PS3 games that make it have a better library than the Xbox 360, lol.

I'm for real. 

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

PS3 is the best console, Blu-Ray, most reliable hardware with a great free online service. Excellent games are on PS3: GT 5, FFXIII, MGS 4, Resistance 2, Uncharted, Kill Zone 2, Motor Storm 2 and the best versions of GTA IV and COD 4.

Around the Network

Console is the 360 and handheld is the DS. Both are superb third party magnets with a well implemented first party of offerings as an extra. I love the DS for it's plethora of niche titles, and the fact that it's hefting retro gaming on it's back. I like the 360 for some great console titles, great online and XBLA, which will be getting Castle Crashers soon and my world will be complete.

I own the Wii, 360, PSP and DS. I will be getting a PS3 sometime around MGS4 in June. 

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Rock_on_2008 said:
PS3 is the best console, Blu-Ray, most reliable hardware with a great free online service. Excellent games are on PS3: GT 5, FFXIII, MGS 4, Resistance 2, Uncharted, Kill Zone 2, Motor Storm 2 and the best versions of GTA IV and COD 4.
Wow that's great that all of those titles turned out "excellent". Say, what year are you posting from? 2009? 2010?

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Onyxmeth said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
Wow that's great that all of those titles turned out "excellent". Say, what year are you posting from? 2009? 2010?

There are a lot more excellent games available in stores in 2008 but I just wanted to point out the biggest games on the PS3.

Rock_on_2008 said:
Onyxmeth said:
Rock_on_2008 said:

There are a lot more excellent games available in stores in 2008 but I just wanted to point out the biggest games on the PS3.

No. You wanted to state that unreleased games were somehow "excellent", which they aren't capable of being. Reread your post, and then read what I wrote and you'll see where you went wrong.

@all...

please try to stay away from terms and wording that is not neutral to other systems.
words "best" "better" "most" directly infer to other things being inferior which is outside how i wanted the thread to go.

This was supposed to be about appreciation, so please no bickering/debating/arguing. Thank you.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur