By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Fit Review..........

...You're not even trying any more, are you, leo?

There's plenty of reasons why gamers wouldn't like Wii Fit, and it being a physically demanding game is only one of them. Far more significant is that it doesn't really fit into any of the convenient niches that video games traditionally do.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

Around the Network

I blame wii fit for the angry PS3 fanboys lurking this thread.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Some of the posts in here are so long they make my modem cringe in horror. Who reads such long posts anyways? I do sometimes, but not when all the posts are this huge! WoT!

heh Leo seemed to hit the 10,000 post mark and stopped caring about even trying to hide the trolling...

Man there's some crazy arguments saying Wii Fit won't help you at all and none of them from people who actually played the game, I mean Wii Sports Boxing will help you lose weight if that can then Wii Fit can too, and claims that say it can be harmful is pure BS its just like saying diet soda is harmful cause the person drinking the soda thinks they can eat that triple cheeseburger and still lose weight.

Wii Fit helps you, it will never do the work for you, see it as a weight loss tool, the tools effectiveness is equivalent to the users input, in fact Wii Fit helps encourage a healthy lifestyle as many people want to see their results up on screen, when they see those numbers fall they'll feel good, but if it moves no where it can make the user question a few lifestyle choices IE food, going outside and running, etc. if they make those changes and see the numbers fall then it makes the game very helpful.

Flat out people like seeing results and having something interactive and something to shoot for is a great tool to use, it's sometimes hard for people to set their own goals, and usually they don't have enough backing to support that change. Wii Fit can help the user have that support and goal, the rest is up to them.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Wii Fit is one of those games that aren't really aimed at people who review games, so most are having trouble being objective about it, and it's too different from "normal games" to judge on the same scale anyway.

The review scores of these blue ocean games aren't worth losing sleep over. To generalize a bit, the people who read reviews aren't generally interested in buying them, and the people who do don't read reviews.

Around the Network

This should settle it.

http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/news/newsfeed/2008/04/13/does-wii-fit-the-bill-78057-20381073/

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

That's what I was talking about: the best suited reviews for Wii Fit will NOT be from typical video game reviewers. This is a product best reviewed by mainstream media and possibly health/fitness media, even if the fitness gurus will all be quick to point out its shortcomings as an exercise program/equipment.

All the video game media sites will feel obligated to chip in their two cents since this is probably the most important release for Nintendo this year in terms of market growth, but again, Wii Fit can't be accurately rated using standard video game criteria.

There should be just as many reviews by mainstream press once it's finally released as there will be by the video game press.

wii fit will sell just as good with poor reviews.
i dont understand why you nintendo lovers are proud of this, it will hurt all nintendo games in the long run, unless you actually like these shallow ,simple games with a gimmick.

just because something sells good doesnt mean its actually good.

Wow... Million is posting about fitness and weight loss when really he has absolutely no idea about these things.

25 minutes jogging is better for you than 1 hour of wii fit?

What?

Million - You've obviously got no idea about fitness and what causes weight loss and fitness.

1. Good luck losing weight by jogging for 25 minutes a day - it's going to do nothing. REAL weight loss is achieved by increasing muscle mass which in turn increases the body's BMR (Base Metabolic Rate) - why do you think there are so many fat people who eat lettuce and jog but don't lose any weight. They have completely the wrong idea.

2. I would argue with you until the end of my life that a workout using WiiFit for 1 hour is better than jogging for 25 minutes. First of all like I said above, Jogging is a complete waste of time anyway, plus the workout with WiiFit is a mixed workout which includes many strength and muscle training excercises.

3. I've used Wii Fit and you have not - you are commenting on something that you've 'watched video's of' sorry but everyone thinks that you wont get a real workout with WiiFit before they try it.

4. You obviously have no idea what type of exercises that WiiFit includes. There are pushups and situps (which you name as ways of keeping fit - WOW!) and many other strength based activities.

5. Nintendo themselves say that WiiFit is not a weight loss tool, it is a fitness tool to help you manage your lifestyle and keep yourself motivated to continue getting fit - guess what, in most cases this will lead to weight loss.

6. You have no idea what you're talking about so stop professing too.

vaio said:
This should settle it.

http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/news/newsfeed/2008/04/13/does-wii-fit-the-bill-78057-20381073/

This article is another un-educated article because it looks at how many calories it burns when you use it.

People do not lose weight by burning calories for short times while walking - the calories burned during this time are minuscule if anything.

Think about it, if your burning 168 calories in a 20 minute work out (how laughable!!) that's not even 1/3 of a can of coke...

Calories and weight loss takes place over a long period of time due to the bodies rate of burning energy not by working out.

This is why time and time again people who try and lose weight by jogging or using stupid fitness machines at the gym like a treadmill (UGGG what a freakin waste of time) fail at weight loss over and over again.  Jogging, walking, slow paced excercise is a complete waste of time.

The only time people actually lose weight on these machines is when they spend HOURS on them and starve themselves - and then in the end the weight just bangs back on again... it's a vicious circle that happens to so many people that try these things.