By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Fit Review..........

Even if it gets a 4 its going to sell, anything with Wii on it sells millions sadly.

mM
Around the Network
leo-j said:
Even if it gets a 4 its going to sell, anything with Wii on it sells millions sadly.

I'm looking forward to "Wii Bash n' Troll".

Oh wait... 

Love the crazy reviews deriding Wii Fit, so much fun to read. I can't wait for the American Wii Fit release - it's virtually guaranteed that at least one major review site (1up, I'm looking at you) will deliver an anger-filled Bingo Board rant and hand out a score in the 6-7 range. The resulting flame wars will be... entertaining. :P

My Website

End of 2008 totals: Wii 42m, 360 24m, PS3 18.5m (made Jan. 4, 2008)

ZenfoldorVGI said:
loadedstatement said:
It give that lame website is 6.8 .....What a fail site.

It certainly is a low review considering the scores it got from Eurogamer and other sites/mags.

I wonder what Edge will give it.

Anyway, the game has recieved really great reviews everywhere else. I don't understand what the problem was here, unless the guys were just hating on the Wii, and the direction gaming is headed.

Probably like a 10.  Edge is REALLY stiff in their ideas of what games should be.

Million said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Million said:
Foshoryuken said:
Million said:
What where you guys expecting , 10/10's across ?

It's nintendo endorsed shovelware.

Wow.. go back under your bridge where you belong.

Does this site have moderators or what?

What , refusing to believe the hype is trolling ? What nintendo is doing should be illegal , calling a game "Wii-Fit" that'll likely cause more damage to your health than good from giving you the impression that it's beneficial to your health From a corporate perspective it's genius , However I feel that this game is Nintendo giving the consumer a kick in the teeth.

Care to explain how Wii-Fit damages your health?

People like us who regularly read gaming news etc are likely to be the only kind of people who understand exactly what Wii-Fit is (in the same way the consumer doesn't know about DLC on the 360 for GTA). We all know that Wii-Fit can't offer any siginifant health/fitness benefits in comparison to healthy eating , proper exercise (jogging , push up's sit up's Etc Etc).

According to the consumer protection act ( I think it is the consumer protection act) products should do exactly what they are advertised to do , Wii-Fit gives the consumer the imediate impression that the game would offer health benefits to the user , I'm pretty sure it's benefits are negible.

If some one believs they can play and loose weight at the same time how less likely are to engage in physical actiivty that actualy does have health benefits.

If nintnedo put a disclaimer on Wii-Fit like : should not be used purely as a means of loosing Weight or getting fit , regular exercise and a healthy diet should not be neglected.

Then i'd be compleltey fine with it , but I dought they'll do that for the sake of sales.

Yeah...

1. the stuff it does actually does seem pretty beneficial as Yoga is a very healthy activity. Doing a half hour of yoga a day is equal to many workouts.

2. KFC was advertised as a health food LAST YEAR. You don't know anything about advertising and advertising laws.

3. Halo isn't about angels. You don't fight people in fight night... you play a videogame and you don't really play a guitar in guitar hero.

Around the Network

well....wasn't expecting a high scores anyways. It's good enough to sell millions tho!

Kasz216 said:
Million said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Million said:
Foshoryuken said:
Million said:
What where you guys expecting , 10/10's across ?

It's nintendo endorsed shovelware.

Wow.. go back under your bridge where you belong.

Does this site have moderators or what?

What , refusing to believe the hype is trolling ? What nintendo is doing should be illegal , calling a game "Wii-Fit" that'll likely cause more damage to your health than good from giving you the impression that it's beneficial to your health From a corporate perspective it's genius , However I feel that this game is Nintendo giving the consumer a kick in the teeth.

People like us who regularly read gaming news etc are likely to be the only kind of people who understand exactly what Wii-Fit is (in the same way the consumer doesn't know about DLC on the 360 for GTA). We all know that Wii-Fit can't offer any siginifant health/fitness benefits in comparison to healthy eating , proper exercise (jogging , push up's sit up's Etc Etc).

According to the consumer protection act ( I think it is the consumer protection act) products should do exactly what they are advertised to do , Wii-Fit gives the consumer the imediate impression that the game would offer health benefits to the user , I'm pretty sure it's benefits are negible.

If some one believs they can play and loose weight at the same time how less likely are to engage in physical actiivty that actualy does have health benefits.

If nintnedo put a disclaimer on Wii-Fit like : should not be used purely as a means of loosing Weight or getting fit , regular exercise and a healthy diet should not be neglected.

Then i'd be compleltey fine with it , but I dought they'll do that for the sake of sales.

Yeah...

1. the stuff it does actually does seem pretty beneficial as Yoga is a very healthy activity. Doing a half hour of yoga a day is equal to many workouts.

2. KFC was advertised as a health food LAST YEAR. You don't know anything about advertising and advertising laws.

3. Halo isn't about angels. You don't fight people in fight night... you play a videogame and you don't really play a guitar in guitar hero.

1. Yoga can't equal workouts that require you to use alot of energy such as running long distance or rowing a conoe for a mile. , I'd like to see some information that sais otherwise.

2. Dude what country are you in ? KFC would be facing a crazy class action lawsuit in the EU if they advertised it as health food , do you even know why it's called "KFC" and not Kentucky Fried Chicken ?

I probably know far more about advertising law than you do , I study LAW.

3. Your talking about a sci-fi GAME, a boxing video game and comparing it to a Fitness game with a workout board. Your making it sound like the consumer are complete idiots, they aren't , but they are however more gullable than the informed gamer.

If some one sees a game and a gaming board with various workouts you can do on that board then instantly the idea of getting fit while having fun is going to pop into their heads , I'd bet my life that's how Nintendo is marketing it , it's the whole reason they released it , this kinda thing has apeal. It theoreticaly makes a tedius,boring and painful procedure fun and exciting when we know it doesn't work that way.

famousringo said:
Million said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

Nuh-uh! It's called Wii FIT! I'm pretty sure you lose weight just by buying it and leaving the box lying around your house.

By your tortured logic, people who go for a walk every day are less healthy because they might think that their 1/2 hour daily walk is substitute for hiring a personal trainer. Ban walking! Ban all low-grade physical activity!

Here's somebody who puts a lie to your completely speculative premise that Wii Fit offers no health benefits:

http://www.4colorrebellion.com/archives/2008/04/02/the-great-experiment-wii-fit-%E2%80%93-final-report-or-how-i-lost-10-pounds-in-7-weeks-by-playing-video-games

I said "Wii-Fit can't offer any siginifant health/fitness benefits in comparison to healthy eating , proper exercise (jogging , push up's sit up's Etc Etc)."

" I'm pretty sure it's benefits are negible."

"should not be used purely as a means of loosing Weight or getting fit , regular exercise and a healthy diet should not be neglected.

No where in my post did I say Wii-Fit offers no health benefits , I said the effects are neglible . In order to loose weight you must burn fat , in order to burn fat you must achieve and maintain a level of activity for a prolonged period of time (15minutes)

Using Wii-Fit for 1 hour might loose you a tiny bit of weight , but it's effects are dwarfed by say, jogging for 25 minutes.

Judging from the following line (the first line in the review), I'd say they made up their mind before even trying it...

"We're sweating bullets - and we haven't even stepped onto the board yet. Of all Nintendo's wacky lifestyle experiments there are none that skirt as close to the game/non-game border as this."

If you can't review the game for what it's meant to be, not by what genre you happen to like, you are an unprofessional, biased reviewer. This reviewer lost all credibility from the first sentance.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=24933&start=0

Wiifit:The professional Opinion. Fitness trainer talks openly about wiifit

that's a topic I made a few days ago, where esquire magazines fitness instructor and expert took to the final version of wiifit to give his impressions. He liked it, and said it would definately be beneficial to people's health, even though it won't replace the benefits of having a personal trainer.

a small snippet from the article

As for aerobics, reports were similarly positive, James trouncing Wii Fit's pelvis-swivelling Hula Hoop and DDR-like Step games, even if a three-minute whirl around a tropical island as part of the jogging exercise left him slightly out of breath. "The aerobics stuff is fantastic," he states. "It's probably the most beneficial of all the exercises on Wii Fit."

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.