By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - So, what if the Wii wins Worldwide next week in HW sales?

wii fit launch in Europe
Golden week in Japan
Mkwii boost in America
Wii Launch in Korea

I Think too that Wii might outsell PS360 next week

Around the Network

I guess we'll see.

I wonder what the American Preview will predict.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

@pichu_pichu, I completely forgot about south korea. I can't remember what The Source's estimations were. They weren't ridiculous but they should give a nice boost in others.

Well, I'm no junior analyst but I'll say if GTA4's impact fails to do what Halo 3 did for the 360 in the month it was released, then the ones who'll be very disappointed are Rockstar, Sony and Microsoft, as well as all the professional analysts and "junior analysts" who claim this game can rival the highest grossing movie debuts (and thus I assume they take as a fact the impact of GTA4 will be bigger, individually for both consoles, than say -again- Halo3's impact , even if the latter is exclusive).

My take on this, and it's only a somewhat educated guess: neither system will outsell the Wii individually next month (WW or NA), but GTA4's impact on hardware sales will last a little longer than Halo3's.

If all of the worlds greatest developers and studios came together with the best marketing possible. Creating the greatest games in all genres with the best prices.
(and did this for the PS3 and 360)

And the wii stopped making any and all games, and started smearing brand new wiis with animal shit, so that when you opened your wii it was covered in poop. (and consumers were aware of this)

Wii would still annihilate the sales of both the 360 and the PS3.

Common sense and logic has never, and probably will never factor into anything the wii is associated with.

Dolphin Petz 4 would probably outsell Halo.
A go- cart game featuring cartoon characters will outsell any one version of GTA.

This is the way the world works.
/ end sarcasm

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

Around the Network
ultraslick said:
If all of the worlds greatest developers and studios came together with the best marketing possible. Creating the greatest games in all genres with the best prices.
(and did this for the PS3 and 360)

And the wii stopped making any and all games, and started smearing brand new wiis with animal shit, so that when you opened your wii it was covered in poop. (and consumers were aware of this)

Wii would still annihilate the sales of both the 360 and the PS3.

Common sense and logic has never, and probably will never factor into anything the wii is associated with.

Dolphin Petz 4 would probably outsell Halo.
A go- cart game featuring cartoon characters will outsell any one version of GTA.

This is the way the world works.
/ end sarcasm

lol, I'm buying that Go-Kart game on day 1, but I'm skipping GTAIV, lol. It's weird.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:

Also, will any of you HD-Console fanboys feel dissapointed or let down by GTA IV's impact if 360 and PS3 sales fail to dethrone the Wii for even one week, worldwide?

Nope.  I'll be enjoying my GTA4 and looking forward to Ninja Gaiden 2 and MGS4 coming up. 

So far, my gaming experience has been more fun on HD consoles than the Wii.  I don't see that changing anytime soon. 

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

I'm skipping GTAIV too, for now. I don't think I can bring myself to get into that world and then pause it for MGS4. I gotta keep my "system clean". No sandbox for me until I can give it my whole attention.

FinalEvangelion said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

Also, will any of you HD-Console fanboys feel dissapointed or let down by GTA IV's impact if 360 and PS3 sales fail to dethrone the Wii for even one week, worldwide?

Nope. I'll be enjoying my GTA4 and looking forward to Ninja Gaiden 2 and MGS4 coming up.

So far, my gaming experience has been more fun on HD consoles than the Wii. I don't see that changing anytime soon.

That's fine. Nobody asked your opinion on that subject, or cares about that tangent, but just go ahead and talk about what you want.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Magnific0 said:
I'm skipping GTAIV too, for now. I don't think I can bring myself to get into that world and then pause it for MGS4. I gotta keep my "system clean". No sandbox for me until I can give it my whole attention.

Oh man, I'm with you. I CAN NOT WAIT for MGS4. It deserves to be a system seller, and I hope it is.

NO NO, NO NO NO.