By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - So, what if the Wii wins Worldwide next week in HW sales?

ZenfoldorVGI said:
FinalEvangelion said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

Also, will any of you HD-Console fanboys feel dissapointed or let down by GTA IV's impact if 360 and PS3 sales fail to dethrone the Wii for even one week, worldwide?

Nope. I'll be enjoying my GTA4 and looking forward to Ninja Gaiden 2 and MGS4 coming up.

So far, my gaming experience has been more fun on HD consoles than the Wii. I don't see that changing anytime soon.

That's fine. Nobody asked your opinion on that subject, or cares about that tangent, but just go ahead and talk about what you want.

I'm answering the question honestly.  Don't see where I made a tangent.

To answer the other question, it will proably be Wii > 360 and Wii > PS3, but PS3 + 360 > Wii. 

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Around the Network

this is a watershed moment if gtaiv can't boost sales of both systerms above Wii then they never will still I don't think it will could be wrong hope not Wii sales 560,000, 360 275,000 ps3 325,000 total of ps360 , 600,000

To answer main question hd meltdown[joke]

FinalEvangelion said:

I'm answering the question honestly. Don't see where I made a tangent.

To answer the other question, it will proably be Wii > 360 and Wii > PS3, but PS3 + 360 > Wii.

I was just looking over my posts and I don't remember ever asking about anything but sales.

I certainly didn't ask, or care to know anyones personal anecdotes or opinions on the percieved quality of gaming on each console.

If I did, allow me to apologize profusely.

If I didn't, your comments were inappropriate, but as I said, say anything you want.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

I'm really curious about what GTA4 can do for console sales. I mean, I never looked into what the previous games did for PS2. I've never played a GTA from day 1. I've never been very into the series and I still doubt this sequel will change that. Even after IGN's rare 10 I remain skeptical. Oh well, maybe it's not my thing. I just hope the controls work well and responsive and the character has a vastly improved movement scheme.

Around the Network
PDF said:
After last weeks wii sales. I dont think this week will be very high do to not very many in stock. Now the week of GTA there may be Wii in stock again for another 400k week. I think that 360+ps3 sales in the week of GTA will be able to pass 400k easily. Will the ps3 or 360 do it alone? I dont know maby for one week.

The Wii will still win April

Yeah, but the sales up now, are last weeks.

This weeks sales aren't up yet. They would be the ones in the ebb, not next week, when GTAIV releases.

The GTAIV's week sale fall on a high point, if you assume the sales go up one week and down the next.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

I think that Xbox360 and PS3 may win Wii on Weekly data ..Maybe two weeks...And that is maybe..
Interesting to see after the "big game" thata are the HD consoles sellling better than before..

Wii is going to sell..question is how much

The ps3 doesn't need to necessarily outperform the wii in a single week as long as it settles in a higher sales range I would be satisfied with the impact of GTA4.

It's funny, because when I started talking about games on the net, it was Nintendo fanboys always yelling "wait for game X" and "just wait for E3". Now it's the Sony fanboys.

That's just soooo satisfying to watch.

Call me fanboy, I don't believe that the Wii will be in the first place during GTAIV release...