By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I would like to thank MS for GTA4

Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
starcraft said:
Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
starcraft said:
Loud_Hot_White_Box said:

False. As I said earlier, IGN says that scores of 10 can hide flaws under features great enough to warrant a score of ten. Two different versions can have different kinds or amounts of flaws, as is the case here. The 360 version seems amazing, warranting a 10, but the PS3 version looks and loads better. Those are discernible differences.

In another thread, someone quoted IGN's review system exactly, and it indicated that reviews are relative to the competition. If the Xbox 360 version received an identical score to the PS3 version, there cannot be a discerible difference.

Except that there is noticeably less aliasing on the graphics of the PS3 version, and the PS3 version sports faster load times. And the 360's frame rate drops more often.

And it wasn't discernible enough to rssult in a change in the 360's score.........

You guys hate this huh? It's like IGN threw you a carrot and then you realized there was a string attached to it slowly pulling the carrot away........

PS3 version looks and loads and runs better, even though there are enough good things about the game to warrant a score of 10 on 360.

I LOVE this. Rockstar has said it hasn't even mastered PS3 yet. This is so great. :) The PS3 and its 8-10 year life cycle is worth so much more than it costs...this is incredible.

Loads? maybe slightly.

Around the Network

IGN review said 30 seconds on average i believe. could be wrong but you cant tell me 30 seconds at every load point wouldnt be nice!

.:Dark Prince:. said:
@DMeisterJ,

I think MS couldn't care less about having a slightly worse version than the PS3. The fact is that more people are gonna buy the game for the 360.

Worldwide and lifetime ? I wouldent bet my head on that ;)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

darthdevidem01 said:
{peeks into thread...sees another GTA IV PS3 vs GTA IV 360 argument.....Runs out of thread faster than an xbox 360 getting RROD}

Hah.

TheRealMafoo said:
leo-j said:
What? Is this a joke?

Nope. If not for MS, this game would not be what it is. They paid to have it made, and I am very excited to play it!

And to the few posts above, MS did not give them 50 mil, they loaned it. And judging from the reviews, R* is going to make enough to pay it back :).

So all it cost them was the interest on that money (unless that was part of the deal too).

where did you see this was a loan? i'm pretty sure it was a payoff to ensure some form of exclusivity, in this case the DLC. Microsoft does not loan, they ACQUIRE, usually by hostile means. I would even wager that MS's 1st attempt was a total buyout of R*, even though they weren't for sale, just like they recently tried to do to Google. MS is the pater familias of the evil corporation... ok, maybe that's walmart, heh.

and i'm also with windbane, i'm not going to thank MS... i wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire... after i started it. all the thanks goes directly to R* for continuing to produce great games and topping themselves each time.

Around the Network
ToastyJaguar said:
The 360 version isn't as bad as some people think. I've heard from sources that the dev team at R* think the 360 version performs aswell as the ps3.

I wonder what happens when the 360 version is pre-installed like the ps3 version.

Bingo.

vizuary: I have heard it was a loan, but who the hell knows since nothing has yet to be announced.

But yeah, none of the money went towards making GTA4 better. That's all Rockstar.

Omac said:
ToastyJaguar said:
The 360 version isn't as bad as some people think. I've heard from sources that the dev team at R* think the 360 version performs aswell as the ps3.

I wonder what happens when the 360 version is pre-installed like the ps3 version.

Bingo.

I wonder how many XBOX Arcade owners are planning on installing it on their Memory Card...

windbane said:
vizuary: I have heard it was a loan, but who the hell knows since nothing has yet to be announced.

But yeah, none of the money went towards making GTA4 better. That's all Rockstar.

Rockstar didn't make GTA4 better, it's developers did. And last I checked, developers like to get paid. That money made the game what it is today :)

On the whole note of installing it on the 360, have you guys found anything to indicate that it's possible to load it? Because I've listened to the IGN podcast on the game, and at the least it sounds as though the 360 can't install the same way, or amount the PS3 can. From what I hear at 43:40 on the podcast is that the 360 cannot do the same install as the PS3, and cannot get to the same performance as the PS3 version.