By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I would like to thank MS for GTA4

TheRealMafoo said:
windbane said:
vizuary: I have heard it was a loan, but who the hell knows since nothing has yet to be announced.

But yeah, none of the money went towards making GTA4 better. That's all Rockstar.

Rockstar didn't make GTA4 better, it's developers did. And last I checked, developers like to get paid. That money made the game what it is today :)

Apparently you aren't paying attention. The money that Microsoft gave Rockstar has nothing to do with the game that is releasing this Tuesday. It's for FUTURE DLC. Thank you Sony for making GTA so great makes just as much since as this thread.

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
Omac said:
ToastyJaguar said:
The 360 version isn't as bad as some people think. I've heard from sources that the dev team at R* think the 360 version performs aswell as the ps3.

I wonder what happens when the 360 version is pre-installed like the ps3 version.

Bingo.

I wonder how many XBOX Arcade owners are planning on installing it on their Memory Card...

We don't even know if 360 users can install the game onto the HDD.

windbane - I thought he was thanking MS because they didnt go under because of the 50 mil. Which paid for exclusives but still funded the development and company.

windbane said:
TheRealMafoo said:
windbane said:
vizuary: I have heard it was a loan, but who the hell knows since nothing has yet to be announced.

But yeah, none of the money went towards making GTA4 better. That's all Rockstar.

Rockstar didn't make GTA4 better, it's developers did. And last I checked, developers like to get paid. That money made the game what it is today :)

Apparently you aren't paying attention. The money that Microsoft gave Rockstar has nothing to do with the game that is releasing this Tuesday. It's for FUTURE DLC. Thank you Sony for making GTA so great makes just as much since as this thread.

Umm... the reason they loaned them that money a long time ago, was because they needed it to make the game. GTA4 was continually being pushed back, and if MS had not stepped up to pay, it would have released months ago, and been less of a game.

What MS gets in return for bailing them out, is exclusive DLC. MS did not pay 50 mill for the DLC, they forward funded the development of the game with a loan that R* is to pay back.

Does it look like I am paying attention now? 

DMeisterJ said:

I wonder how many XBOX Arcade owners are planning on installing it on their Memory Card...

All 7 of them.

Around the Network
PooperScooper said:
windbane - I thought he was thanking MS because they didnt go under because of the 50 mil. Which paid for exclusives but still funded the development and company.

What do you mean "didnt go under?" Rockstar didn't need any 50 million to develop this game. This is getting ridiculous.

TheRealMafoo said:
windbane said:
TheRealMafoo said:
windbane said:

Umm... the reason they loaned them that money a long time ago, was because they needed it to make the game. GTA4 was continually being pushed back, and if MS had not stepped up to pay, it would have released months ago, and been less of a game.

What MS gets in return for bailing them out, is exclusive DLC. MS did not pay 50 mill for the DLC, they forward funded the development of the game with a loan that R* is to pay back.

Does it look like I am paying attention now? 

No, it looks worse. Rockstar did not need any money from anyone to complete this game. They have plenty. You may have heard of a few games called GTA 3, Vice City, San Andreas? I heard they sold well. You are acting like Microsoft was their loan shark. The money was all about DLC.

windbane said:

No, it looks worse. Rockstar did not need any money from anyone to complete this game. They have plenty. You may have heard of a few games called GTA 3, Vice City, San Andreas? I heard they sold well.

http://finance.google.com/finance?fstype=ci&q=NASDAQ:TTWO

Wow people, get a grip. So much anger and contempt here.

Microsoft didn't waste $50 mil, its  peanuts to a company that deals in tens of billions of dollars. Microsoft spent 0.2% of its yearly profit (not net income, profit) and in that one fell swoop stole Sony's exclusive rights to it's bestselling game. Lol, I seriously can't see how Sony fans can see that as a waste of money. I find it freakan hilarious. So maybe the PS3 verison runs 5% better, but havent we all learned that graphics aren't exactly nessesary to have a great game? The game will sell great on both consoles, and Microsoft's measly little side deal with R* prevented hundreds of thousands of GTA fans from having to buy a PS3. 

makingmusic476 said:
starcraft said:
Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
starcraft said:
shams said:
They must be hating themselves right now! IGN gave BOTH the 360 & PS3 versions a 10, so the 360 MUST be in the inferior version.

And when it comes down to exclusive DLC for the 360 version... poor, poor MS...

Lol. Thats a good point huh? In the past, IGN have given different scores to different versions of games when they were better on the 360.

The difference here must be so minute if they still gave them the same (perfect) score.

But they said that scores of 10 can hide flaws and do not indication perfection, so 2 scores of 10, unlike ANY other numerical scores, cannot be interpreted as identical. You have to look to the text of the article, then.

The 360 version of GTA IV is a fucking great game, it appears. It's just that the PS3 version looks and loads better. Sorry.

Hey, what happened to that thread you just started, starcraft? ;)

SDF burned it to hell and it got locked lol.

You create a thread titled "Predict Sony Fanboys GTAIV arguments!" and then you claim it's the Sony fanboys that caused it to get locked? The title alone was enough to raise some serious red flags.

As for the 10 vs 10 argument, maybe they were just unable to give the ps3 version a higher score? Honestly, if the game is so awesome that it warrants a 10, it would be impossibile to give another game even more awesome a higher score, simply because that is the ceiling of possible scores. And they're not going to remove points from a game that they consider to be "the greatest game since Ocarina of Time" simply to point out that another version is better.

And you could say "the differences are so small, it doesn't even matter", but that's what we've been saying since the ps3 launched, with games like Madden receiving not so nice ps3 ports. I completely understand some people wanting a bit of "payback", as it were.

This is essentially what I said in another thread about GTA that starcraft derailed. 10 is the ceiling for scores, so you can't go HIGHER than it, but at the same time, they aren't going to lower the 360 score just to show that  the PS3 version runs better, because GTA is a "10" game