By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Another preview of the 2008 RPG of the year!

These screens do not look like the new Tales of Symphonia game...

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000

Around the Network

Ι bet my head that nobody of those guys who were "dissapointed" from the original Fable, did actually play the game.
Neither will they play Fable 2. But they still say they are not convinced. Why the hell should you be convinced about a game you don't even care about? (actually you care a lot. You pray that it failed!).
Anyway, you're already convinced that FFXIII or Tales of Whatiscalled, or even Last Remnant will be superior.
You are looking forward to playing ANOTHER BORING JRPG. I'm looking forward to playing Peter's product of Spiritual Superiority and Genius. Nough said

@starcraft. Do you have an anti-MS magnet or what?

Fable 1 was mediocre: bad story/lore, too short, too easy, the romance was as shallow as possible, and the supposed main feature (aging) was immersion-breaking.

I have no faith in Molyneux and I was a big fan of Bullfrog (I have Theme hospital and Dungeon Keeper 2)

Fable 2 has too much competition this year. It might get 2008 Console RPG of the Year if Fallout 3 starts sucking even more than it seems right now. However the PC has ALOT more anticipated RPGs than Fable 2:

- Dragon Age
- Mass Effect
- Space Siege
- The Witcher: Enhanced Edition
- World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King
- Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning
- Age of Conan

I doubt Fable 2 is going to get above the PC RPGs

Tales of Sympho....*silence*......*more silence*....*thinks about time he spend with Fable 1*......*gets out*

It's not a bad thing that the Molynater hypes up his games, he has said it himself now that he has learnt his lesson and he hasn't been hyping the game.

Starcraft is right, alot of mags out their are really hyped for this game, and i can't see anything right now that can lay a finger on it.

Have you heard that lionhead are releasing some xbox live games early in which you can make money in them and then transfer them into the Fable 2 world when it's released. Genious, and that is the kind of thing which sets Fable 2 apart. Communication between games has never been seen before like that.

I can't wait.

Around the Network

Dogmeat > Fable dog

I must have gone cold on RPGs, because none of the games mentioned in this thread seem especially good to me. :(

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Oh the irony.

i came in expecting a preview for the best rpg of 2008, i did not get what i was expecting.

shio said:
Fable 1 was mediocre: bad story/lore, too short, too easy, the romance was as shallow as possible, and the supposed main feature (aging) was immersion-breaking.

I have no faith in Molyneux and I was a big fan of Bullfrog (I have Theme hospital and Dungeon Keeper 2)

Fable 2 has too much competition this year. It might get 2008 Console RPG of the Year if Fallout 3 starts sucking even more than it seems right now. However the PC has ALOT more anticipated RPGs than Fable 2:

- Dragon Age
- Mass Effect
- Space Siege
- The Witcher: Enhanced Edition
- World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King
- Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning
- Age of Conan

I doubt Fable 2 is going to get above the PC RPGs

Dragon Age: Do you have ANY clue??? Right, thats what I thought. Even Bioware aint in position to say anything about this game. And it may be out by 2010

Mass Effect....Err... 360...last year... etc...

Space Siege: RPG? Highly doubtful. Hack n Slash? Maybe.

The Witcher: Enhanced Edition...Again, 2007. Mate, the game is out. I finished it. Great work. That's it. A great old school RPG. 

World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King
-Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning
-Age of Conan

The 3 of them. MMOs. Tell a hardcore RPG player that these games are actually RPGs. You'll have a keyboard in your forehead in no time. You compare MMO with single player RPGs? Since when?

The all PC section of your post: FAIL

Your opinion about Fable 1 is respectable and acceptable. But in the rest of your writing you just muddy the water.