By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Another preview of the 2008 RPG of the year!

DOATS1 said:
starcraft said:
DOATS1 said:
you really need to stop calling it the rpg of the year.

Your right, it will be better if people don't know that its inevitable. That way, it will still be a big deal when the title is awarded.

sorry, off topic but, why do you use your instead of you're? your grammar is really good except for that! i don't why, but it just bugs me knowing that somebody with such good grammar makes such an easy mistake! sorry, carry on lol.

Don't take this the wrong way, but why do you neglect to use proper capitalization in your posts?  

Around the Network
epinefridis said:
Ι bet my head that nobody of those guys who were "dissapointed" from the original Fable, did actually play the game.
Neither will they play Fable 2. But they still say they are not convinced. Why the hell should you be convinced about a game you don't even care about? (actually you care a lot. You pray that it failed!).
Anyway, you're already convinced that FFXIII or Tales of Whatiscalled, or even Last Remnant will be superior.
You are looking forward to playing ANOTHER BORING JRPG. I'm looking forward to playing Peter's product of Spiritual Superiority and Genius. Nough said

@starcraft. Do you have an anti-MS magnet or what?

Actually Ive had played both the PC and the Xbox version of the first game , and yes I was dissapointed . Molyneux fooled me with B&W2 and with this and I wont fall for it for the third time . 

And WTF is with the spiritual superiority comment ? That was just awkward :? 

Oh , and Starcraft the title should be : " Another preview of my 2008 RPG of the year  " , because as you can see some peoplebealive that another game will take that name :)

PS @ epinefridis : and yes , I probably wont play Fable 2 , and wont play anything what Molyneux will make a new development and wont have to make half games , knowing that the MS hype will do the rest ... 

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

epinefridis said:
shio said:
Fable 1 was mediocre: bad story/lore, too short, too easy, the romance was as shallow as possible, and the supposed main feature (aging) was immersion-breaking.

I have no faith in Molyneux and I was a big fan of Bullfrog (I have Theme hospital and Dungeon Keeper 2)

Fable 2 has too much competition this year. It might get 2008 Console RPG of the Year if Fallout 3 starts sucking even more than it seems right now. However the PC has ALOT more anticipated RPGs than Fable 2:

- Dragon Age
- Mass Effect
- Space Siege
- The Witcher: Enhanced Edition
- World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King
- Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning
- Age of Conan

I doubt Fable 2 is going to get above the PC RPGs

Dragon Age: Do you have ANY clue??? Right, thats what I thought. Even Bioware aint in position to say anything about this game. And it may be out by 2010

Mass Effect....Err... 360...last year... etc...

Space Siege: RPG? Highly doubtful. Hack n Slash? Maybe.

The Witcher: Enhanced Edition...Again, 2007. Mate, the game is out. I finished it. Great work. That's it. A great old school RPG.

World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King
-Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning
-Age of Conan

The 3 of them. MMOs. Tell a hardcore RPG player that these games are actually RPGs. You'll have a keyboard in your forehead in no time. You compare MMO with single player RPGs? Since when?

The all PC section of your post: FAIL

Your opinion about Fable 1 is respectable and acceptable. But in the rest of your writing you just muddy the water.

Dragon Age: It has been stated by Bioware that the game should be out within Fiscal Year 2009, before April '09.

Mass Effect: So what if it's been released last year? PC version will be tons better than the 360 version. Same of The Witcher, which is getting new content worth 5 hours, 100 new facial animations, better loading times and combat precision, and re-work of over 5000 dialogues and voiceworks.

Space Siege: It's an Action/RPG, just like Fable is. Gas Powered Games developed Dungeon Siege 1 & 2, and they both got Fable-like scores.

MMORPGs are still RPGs, it's a good thing that RPGs have a varied amount of sub-genres or else we'd be just playing the sames types over and over.

Why the hate against Fable? I though it was a pretty solid WRPG and easily my favorite WRPG. (Just to show how much i think most WRPGs suck :P)

DOATS1 said:
starcraft said:
DOATS1 said:

Your right, it will be better if people don't know that its inevitable. That way, it will still be a big deal when the title is awarded.

sorry, off topic but, why do you use your instead of you're? your grammar is really good except for that! i don't why, but it just bugs me knowing that somebody with such good grammar makes such an easy mistake! sorry, carry on lol.

Because I'm an idiot.  Lol, I'll try to fix it, because your absolutely right.

OT:  I don't think reviewers were sucked in by Fable's hype at all.  I couldn't count the number of times I heard "Peter deceived us" and "he was unable to include this" etc. 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
windbane said:
Kyros said:
Hey cool a thread about Fallout 3.

oh Fable2 who cares

zing

Tell that to the Fallout faithful on this site.  Most regard Fallout 3 as being already halfway down the crapper.

Oh and DmeisterJ, the only way Fable 2 is not going to be the best RPG of this year is if FFXIII makes it into 2008.

In other words, Fable 2 is the best RPG of 2008. 

epinefridis said:
Ι bet my head that nobody of those guys who were "dissapointed" from the original Fable, did actually play the game.
Neither will they play Fable 2. But they still say they are not convinced. Why the hell should you be convinced about a game you don't even care about? (actually you care a lot. You pray that it failed!).
Anyway, you're already convinced that FFXIII or Tales of Whatiscalled, or even Last Remnant will be superior.
You are looking forward to playing ANOTHER BORING JRPG. I'm looking forward to playing Peter's product of Spiritual Superiority and Genius. Nough said

@starcraft. Do you have an anti-MS magnet or what?

I agree with you on most points except perhaps FFXIII. Final Fantasy isn't my cup of tea, but you'd have a hard time trying to convince the general gaming public that Fable beats it out.  What I AM looking forward too is Versus, but neither of those titles will be out this year.

And yes, the SDF seems to follow me wherever I go.  They seem genuinly threatened by a person that doesn't unconditionally worship Sony. 

ToastyJaguar said:
It's not a bad thing that the Molynater hypes up his games, he has said it himself now that he has learnt his lesson and he hasn't been hyping the game.

Starcraft is right, alot of mags out their are really hyped for this game, and i can't see anything right now that can lay a finger on it.

Have you heard that lionhead are releasing some xbox live games early in which you can make money in them and then transfer them into the Fable 2 world when it's released. Genious, and that is the kind of thing which sets Fable 2 apart. Communication between games has never been seen before like that.

I can't wait.
Add to that the dynamic co-op, animal-based hud system, single-button, context-based combat and you have yourself a very innovative title.

DOATS1 said:

Is GREATEST RPG OF ALL TIME better?

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Ya there is to much hate for Fable 2. I think it will be great with all of the added features. I really like the idea of online co-op.