By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Another preview of the 2008 RPG of the year!

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=10003&Itemid=2&limit=1&limitstart=0

Another publications take on the highly anticipated Fable 2.  

The article discusses the unique way in which Lionhead are making combat accessible whilst simultaneously discovering ways to provide incentives to be brilliant.  The combat is looking like it will have a real depth to it which is fantastic.

It looks like the world of Albion will have an incredibly interactive feel to it, with all characters reacting to your recent actions, outward look, and level of notoriety for being either good or evil.

Can hardly wait!!!  

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

I can't believe people are falling for it again...

thelulaby said:
I can't believe people are falling for it again...

By "it" I assume you mean Molyneux's hype?

The first Fable got an average score of 85, which is quite good.  Though I concede that wasn't the quality Molyneux made it out to be.  This time however the hype is coming from people who have played the game, and PLAYED the features Molyneux is talking about.

The hype is coming from the gaming press this time around, and we have actually SEEN the features Molyneux is talking about. 

you really need to stop calling it the rpg of the year.

DOATS1 said:

Your right, it will be better if people don't know that its inevitable.  That way, it will still be a big deal when the title is awarded.

Around the Network

I agree with Doats1, for all we know this game might be a huge dissappointment. I'm not saying it will, it might, thanks to Molyneux and his hype.

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

some people will never learn

Fable I think had even the reviewers fooled by the hype. They talk about how many choices you get to make but I noticed bugger all. Basically it was fun to play as a hack'n'slash go nuts and kill the civilians game.
It also lacked consequence for your actions, I could kill anybody I wanted and as long as I forked up a bit of cash they would all handily forget about it.

Personally I would probably say Fable 2 will be a rental game, it will have a few hours of good gameplay and then get rather boring.

starcraft said:
DOATS1 said:

Your right, it will be better if people don't know that its inevitable.  That way, it will still be a big deal when the title is awarded.

sorry, off topic but, why do you use your instead of you're? your grammar is really good except for that! i don't why, but it just bugs me knowing that somebody with such good grammar makes such an easy mistake! sorry, carry on lol.

hmm.... fable 2 might actually be the rpg of the year, assuming that white knight chronicles or last remnant doesn't get released this year to stand in its way.

Currently Watching - Naruto, One Piece

Waiting For - Skyrim, Mass Effect 3

PS3 Trophies