By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 sales - how low will they go before picking up?

CrazzyMan said:
it will be funny to see, how people will shut up after E3 show in July. =))) only 6 weeks left.. :)

Since everyone basically already knows whats comming out, I honestly doubt anyone will be swayed. We know the PS3 games look pretty, seeing more pretty games doesn't really change the mess the PS3 is in. At the very most you can hope for is an moderate affect like what was experienced during gamer's day, and I honestly don't think we'll see much in the way of sales increases much ales the change of opinions based on what is shown at E3 alone. We've been listening to Sony supporters tell us we'll shut up after any number of events or releases for the last six months, I don't know why anyone honestly thinks this will be any different. Let's just hope the PS3s work at E3.

Around the Network
Gballzack said:
CrazzyMan said:
it will be funny to see, how people will shut up after E3 show in July. =))) only 6 weeks left.. :)

Since everyone basically already knows whats comming out, I honestly doubt anyone will be swayed. We know the PS3 games look pretty, seeing more pretty games doesn't really change the mess the PS3 is in. At the very most you can hope for is an moderate affect like what was experienced during gamer's day, and I honestly don't think we'll see much in the way of sales increases much ales the change of opinions based on what is shown at E3 alone. We've been listening to Sony supporters tell us we'll shut up after any number of events or releases for the last six months, I don't know why anyone honestly thinks this will be any different. Let's just hope the PS3s work at E3.

well, if you don`t got impressed by SGD07, then probably E3 also won`t impress you. But this doesn`t matter, because, after those games, which will be shown on ps3 during E3, releases PS3 sales will go incredibly high. =) 

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

CrazzyMan said:

well, if you don`t got impressed by SGD07, then probably E3 also won`t impress you. But this doesn`t matter, because, after those games, which will be shown on ps3 during E3, releases PS3 sales will go incredibly high. =) 

It's okay to be optimistic, but you should be realistic at the same time ...

Only so many gamers are actually swayed by graphics which is why the Gamecube, XBox, XBox 360 and PS3 sell far worse than the PS2 inspite of having very pretty games. Gamers are price conscience and only so many gamers who are willing to spend $500+ on a single (or handful) of games.

Essentially, you will see an increase in sales from the release of good games but its probably not going to be to a level higher than the XBox 360 is currently selling.

How many times have we heard fans tells us PS3 sales were going to sky rocket because of this or that... sigh... its not even worth bothering with anymore.

ps3 will have not only graphics, but and AMAZING GAMES. each amazing game will make 600$ console worth it`s money. well you see, if 4mln. gamers bought Kill Switch with impressive graphics(geow), that mean, they will buy FFXIII, MGS4, KZ2, GT5.

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network
CrazzyMan said:
ps3 will have not only graphics, but and AMAZING GAMES. each amazing game will make 600$ console worth it`s money. well you see, if 4mln. gamers bought Kill Switch with impressive graphics(geow), that mean, they will buy FFXIII, MGS4, KZ2, GT5.

I agree that as more games come out, more people will be willing to part with 600. But it won't be A LOT of people. 600 is too much for a game console, plain and simple. The 360 has the best game lineup right now, yet at 400 it is being outsold by the Wii, which has about as many good games out as the PS3.

With good games AND a price cut, the PS3 could have a good turn-around.

Yes because everyone is going to buy a PS3 now for games that won't be out for another two years, genius.

Gballzack said:
Yes because everyone is going to buy a PS3 now for games that won't be out for another two years, genius.

most games like:

MGS4 FFXIII Tekken6 Kingdom hearts 3 KillZone2 Heavenly Sword Ninja Gaiden Sigma Lair Uncharted Ratchet LittleBigPlanet MotorStorm White Knight Story Gran Turismo 5 Team Ico Project The Getaway 3 Resistance Eye of Judgment L.A. Noire  Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier Afrika Folklore Monster Hunter 3 Ni-Oh  WipEout Gradius WarHawk Formula one Socom4 WarDevil: Enigma 8 days Espionage MMO Whimsical MMO Hot Shots Golf 5 thatgamecompany Two Unknown Titles

will be released during 1,5 year since ps3 launch. :) Not 2,5. ;)

funny how every game exclusive to the PS3 warrents listing, I guess they'll all be awesome system sellers like Resistance, Motorstorm and Virtua Fighter 5 right? How can you stand having so much unsubstantiated awesome packed into one system?

Gballzack said:
funny how every game exclusive to the PS3 warrents listing, I guess they'll all be awesome system sellers like Resistance, Motorstorm and Virtua Fighter 5 right?

This is actually something I noticed with XBox fanboys back when it was first released ...

Every game that had a screenshot that didn't look too bad was instantly the "bestest game in the genre." So many games were hyped and turned out to be pretty average or bad. Sony and Nintendo fans (at the time) stuck with mostly tried and true games and developers and did not let themselves get swayed as much by PR hype.

... The interesting thing is that this has become a trait of a lot of PS3 fans lately and it makes me wonder whether this is a quality of "Graphics Whores" or if it is just the fanboy defence to having a limited number of well known exclusives.