By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 sales - how low will they go before picking up?

I cannot believe how quickly and profoundly this thread has been derailed.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Around the Network
CrazzyMan said:

NO GAMES - NO SALES. It`s simple.
But games will appear VERY soon. :)

PS3 is only 6 MONTH on the market!
IT`s dooig GOOD, without many great games released and with higher price.
GOOD!
you know how much cost 80k PS3 ?? like 4,8 Mln $. And people still buying that concole.

ok, 6 week till the E3 left.. end is coming soon to all these worthless news.

by the end of october 2006 ONLY ~6 mln. x360 were sold worldwide.
ps3 has 5 month, now only with 3,5 mln. worldwide, why you people think, it won`t make another 2,5 mln. when during that time will be released games like:

NGS
Folklore
Everybody Golf 5
Lair
Heavenly Sword
Warhawk
Singstar
Socom Confrontation
Grand Theft Auto IV
PS Home
Unreal T3
Eye of judgement
Assasin`s Creed
Colin McRae Dirt

I mean, x360 didn`t have so much really amazing games(you may think that those are average games, but then try to find a match for every of those games, which will be released on ps3 during june-october 2007 with games released during june-october 2006 on x360).

I kinda don't understand your english so i shall just look at that list of games you made.

these games won't sell consoles, they target the exact same audience as they did, meaning the people that already have a ps3 are buying these games, they will not expand it, period.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Neos said:

I kinda don't understand your english so i shall just look at that list of games you made.

these games won't sell consoles, they target the exact same audience as they did, meaning the people that already have a ps3 are buying these games, they will not expand it, period.

So Halo 3 will not sell X360? Give me a break.

Neos said:
CrazzyMan said:

GOOD!
you know how much cost 80k PS3 ?? like 4,8 Mln $. And people still buying that concole.

ps3 has 5 month, now only with 3,5 mln. worldwide, why you people think, it won`t make another 2,5 mln. when during that time will be released games like:

NGS
Folklore
Everybody Golf 5
Lair
Heavenly Sword
Warhawk
Singstar
Socom Confrontation
Grand Theft Auto IV
PS Home
Unreal T3
Eye of judgement
Assasin`s Creed
Colin McRae Dirt

I mean, x360 didn`t have so much really amazing games(you may think that those are average games, but then try to find a match for every of those games, which will be released on ps3 during june-october 2007 with games released during june-october 2006 on x360).

So what games sell systems? Only established franchises? Franchises start somewhere you know.

Believe it or not there are many gamers looking for good games, who are waitinf for PS3's catelogue to be more worth it to buy it, these games help with that. 

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

ckmlb said:
Neos said:
CrazzyMan said:

GOOD!

NGS
Folklore
Everybody Golf 5
Lair
Heavenly Sword
Warhawk
Singstar
Socom Confrontation
Grand Theft Auto IV
PS Home
Unreal T3
Eye of judgement
Assasin`s Creed
Colin McRae Dirt

So what games sell systems? Only established franchises? Franchises start somewhere you know.

Believe it or not there are many gamers looking for good games, who are waitinf for PS3's catelogue to be more worth it to buy it, these games help with that.

Games like singstar and buzz sell systems, ya rly.

As for Halo 3, that is a complete different situation, it's like the holy pope for them and i know dozens of people who will buy a 360 just when halo 3 launches..it's really something else.

Edit: okay well except for GTAIV, that does sell systems, but in this case.. it will be split because of it also being on the 360 now.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network
Blue3 said:
when was the last good game release.... March ? NGS and Folksoul are being relesed in first half of june in Japan.
CrazzyMan said:

It is simple ...

As a console manufacturer one of your primary responsibilities towards third party publishers is to ensure that an adequate number of games is released in order to maintain an adequate level of sales. It should have been obvious to everyone that in order to maintain a decent level of sales on a $600 gaming machine you would need several high quality games released every month; since third party publishers would be reluctant to produce these games for a new platform it was Sony's job to provide content. Why hasn't Sony released 2 major games a month in order to ensure the future of the PS3?

The truth is that Sony's hubris lead them to believe that they really would sell 5 Million consoles without any games ...

Neos said:
ckmlb said:
Neos said:
CrazzyMan said:

GOOD!

NGS
Folklore
Everybody Golf 5
Lair
Heavenly Sword
Warhawk
Singstar
Socom Confrontation
Grand Theft Auto IV
PS Home
Unreal T3
Eye of judgement
Assasin`s Creed
Colin McRae Dirt

Games like singstar and buzz sell systems, ya rly.

As for Halo 3, that is a complete different situation, it's like the holy pope for them and i know dozens of people who will buy a 360 just when halo 3 launches..it's really something else.

Edit: okay well except for GTAIV, that does sell systems, but in this case.. it will be split because of it also being on the 360 now.

Games like singstar and Buzz DO sell consoles

they won't move the PS3 though. No way Singstar fans will pay $700 for...  well, no real advancement over the previous version.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

HappySqurriel said:
Blue3 said:
when was the last good game release.... March ? NGS and Folksoul are being relesed in first half of june in Japan.
CrazzyMan said:

It is simple ...

As a console manufacturer one of your primary responsibilities towards third party publishers is to ensure that an adequate number of games is released in order to maintain an adequate level of sales. It should have been obvious to everyone that in order to maintain a decent level of sales on a $600 gaming machine you would need several high quality games released every month; since third party publishers would be reluctant to produce these games for a new platform it was Sony's job to provide content. Why hasn't Sony released 2 major games a month in order to ensure the future of the PS3?

The truth is that Sony's hubris lead them to believe that they really would sell 5 Million consoles without any games ...

I'd like to nominate this as post of the day.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

The only things that could possibly cause the PS3's sales to change at all are MGS4 and FFXIII and even then that won't be enough to catch up. And with MGS4 in threat of going 360 too and FFXII being spread out over all the platforms, you better pray to god people think the PS3 versions are the best.

They better be better on the Playstation 3. It has Blu-Ray for crying out loud.