By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 sales - how low will they go before picking up?

kber81 said:
NJ5 said:

It's just another instance of the "now, the PS3 sales surge/increase/craze starts now!"... I don't even comment on those anymore, it's just a waste of time.

Nah. Four or five same threads about PS3 death a week - this is a real wast of time.

Well, at least they might be right and don't usually consist solely of wishful thinking but of intelligent discussion instead.

If/when the PS3 starts to show signs of strength, I'm sure such threads will stop. Right now, those threads aren't just about "PS3's death", they're about reality, right here and right now. Not talking about it would be sticking one's head in sand, ostrich style.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
NJ5 said:

Well, at least they might be right and don't usually consist solely of wishful thinking but of intelligent discussion instead.

If/when the PS3 starts to show signs of strength, I'm sure such threads will stop. Right now, those threads aren't just about "PS3's death", they're about reality, right here and right now. Not talking about it would be sticking one's head in sand, ostrich style.

Sure it's about reality. I'm just sick to death of same comments every time chart arrives (for an instance shams is ALWAYS astonished with psp's low software sale... ) Why not to start a debate when something change.

kber81 said:
NJ5 said:

Sure it's about reality. I'm just sick to death of same comments every time chart arrives (for an instance shams is ALWAYS astonished with psp's low software sale... ) Why not to start a debate when something change.

I agree to some extent. In many cases the "same comments" are made because the same thing is still true: the PS3 is doing fairly poorly, so every time the new information comes out, the same things are said. 

On the other hand, I really do feel as if some people take particular joy in hammering Playstation fans. The tone of enthusiasm in some of the "PS3 is dying" posts is a little disturbing. Those, I agree, are totally inappropriate. 

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Bodhesatva said:

On the other hand, I really do feel as if some people take particular joy in hammering Playstation fans. The tone of enthusiasm in some of the "PS3 is dying" posts is a little disturbing. Those, I agree, are totally inappropriate.

Especially when it's way more important for them to hammer PS than praise own system of choice even though it sells extremely well.

Bodhesatva said:
kber81 said:
NJ5 said:

I agree to some extent. In many cases the "same comments" are made because the same thing is still true: the PS3 is doing fairly poorly, so every time the new information comes out, the same things are said.

A forum discussing sales is clearly not the place for PS3 fans who get easily disturbed by the state of matters. I'd say some joy in Sony's downfall is inevitable given all that has happened in the past 2/3 years with the various sectors of the company. And since people are humans they'll always show their emotions a bit (or sometimes too much, I agree).

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
Bodhesatva said:
kber81 said:
NJ5 said:

A forum discussing sales is clearly not the place for PS3 fans who get easily disturbed by the state of matters. I'd say some joy in Sony's downfall is inevitable given all that has happened in the past 2/3 years with the various sectors of the company. And since people are humans they'll always show their emotions a bit (or sometimes too much, I agree).

QFT, the majority of the people think this way =)

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

NO GAMES - NO SALES. It`s simple.
But games will appear VERY soon. :)

PS3 is only 6 MONTH on the market!
IT`s dooig GOOD, without many great games released and with higher price.
GOOD!
you know how much cost 80k PS3 ?? like 4,8 Mln $. And people still buying that concole.

ok, 6 week till the E3 left.. end is coming soon to all these worthless news.

by the end of october 2006 ONLY ~6 mln. x360 were sold worldwide.
ps3 has 5 month, now only with 3,5 mln. worldwide, why you people think, it won`t make another 2,5 mln. when during that time will be released games like:

NGS
Folklore
Everybody Golf 5
Lair
Heavenly Sword
Warhawk
Singstar
Socom Confrontation
Grand Theft Auto IV
PS Home
Unreal T3
Eye of judgement
Assasin`s Creed
Colin McRae Dirt

I mean, x360 didn`t have so much really amazing games(you may think that those are average games, but then try to find a match for every of those games, which will be released on ps3 during june-october 2007 with games released during june-october 2006 on x360).

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

CrazzyMan said:

NO GAMES - NO SALES. It`s simple.
But games will appear VERY soon. :)

PS3 is only 6 MONTH on the market!
IT`s dooig GOOD, without many great games released and with higher price.
GOOD!
you know how much cost 80k PS3 ?? like 4,8 Mln $. And people still buying that concole.

ok, 6 week till the E3 left.. end is coming soon to all these worthless news.

by the end of october 2006 ONLY ~6 mln. x360 were sold worldwide.
ps3 has 5 month, now only with 3,5 mln. worldwide, why you people think, it won`t make another 2,5 mln. when during that time will be released games like:

NGS
Folklore
Everybody Golf 5
Lair
Heavenly Sword
Warhawk
Singstar
Socom Confrontation
Grand Theft Auto IV
PS Home
Unreal T3
Eye of judgement
Assasin`s Creed
Colin McRae Dirt

I mean, x360 didn`t have so much really amazing games(you may think that those are average games, but then try to find a match for every of those games, which will be released on ps3 during june-october 2007 with games released during june-october 2006 on x360).

(Sorry, couldn't resist - no offense intended)

NJ5 said:

Do you think the battle is over? Check this http://icasualties.org/oif/

kber81 said:
NJ5 said:

Do you think the battle is over? Check this http://icasualties.org/oif/

Sorry but it's not even about the battle, it's about the tone of his post. (and also about him refering to PS Home as a game)