By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best indie games 5 euro..ish or under.

BraLoD said:

Vampire Survivors is indeed very hard to put down, very fun game.

May I suggest Brotato when you eventually go looking for another Vampire survivors like game. What system are you playing Vampire survivors on? The trophies on PSN make the game even better, well worth another 5 euro if you're into that sort of thing. 

Around the Network
LegitHyperbole said:
BraLoD said:

Vampire Survivors is indeed very hard to put down, very fun game.

May I suggest Brotato when you eventually go looking for another Vampire survivors like game. What system are you playing Vampire survivors on? The trophies on PSN make the game even better, well worth another 5 euro if you're into that sort of thing. 

Played it on PC back then, got it for the PS5 recently when it finally released there, but played just a few hours since.

There are quite a bunch of games that took the Vampire Survivors style since it released, I believe it's called Bullet Heaven genre as it works like Bullet Hell games but in the opposite way.

Halls of Torment is probably the best of them after Vampire Survivors. It's Vampire Survivors but in old school Diablo style. It gets old faster than Vampire Survivors, but it has more to it than VS, and it's really damn good, if you like Diablo 1 or 2 (Diablo 1 is one of my all time favorite games) than you'll probably be all over it, lol.

It's also probably $5 or so too on Steam, if you wanna check it for the thread.

Last edited by BraLoD - 13 hours ago

Okay. So far I've bought a few so far I'ma rate them as I go along and see if the value exceeds the cost. 

• Vampire survivors - Unbelievably addictive reverse bullet hell/horde Survivor and so much value for money. You could spend hundreds of hours in this unlocking trophies and still have fun. Insnae amounts of dopamine and great rouguelite progression make this a fantastic experience 10/10
  • Brotato - Another horde survivors but more so a rouguelite. Really hard to get your first clear and difficult to get higher level clears and very RNG based. I was gonna rate this 8/10 early on but I'm upping the score to 9/10 the more time I spend with it the more it clicks and the more addictive it gets. Plenty of diverse builds and characters and insane depth. Delightful experience and another where the fun to cost ratio is well in excess of the asking price. 
  • Army of Ruin - I'm about 8 hours in now. The game is a basic horde survivors, very much a copy paste of Vampire survivors and has enough unlocks to keep it interesting yet it's very mobile like but seems more "polished" the VS or Brotato. I've already got my value for the money back some times over and I expect it to continue to pay for it's self in fun and time spent as there is a star unlock system that is quite addicting. Not nearly as addictive or good as the above two but it has the same hooks in me. Quite a lot of fun at it's core in short ten minute rounds to start with then increasing to 15 minute and finally 30 minute rounds as you progress. Solid permanent rouguelite progression as well as much to unlock even after hours. It's a bit more than a solid seven. 7.5/10.
  • Table Top racing: World tour - Got this free on PSN years back and was incredibly addicted to it so much so that I hot the platinum. It's not only a great little racer but a fairly tough one too with a great setting and a fantastic range of powerups making it feel like a kart racer at heart. 9/10. 
  • Untitled Goose game - Really cool little emergent puzzle game with a solid checklist of tasks to complete, kinda comical and whimsical and enough to keep interest in it's short game time. Solid 7/10 as someone who doesn't really like these types of games. Probably would be higher rated by someone who does enjoy them. 
  • Rush Rover - Yet to ply
  • Down well - Yet to play
  • Refunct - Yet to play
  • The binding of issac - Yet to play
Last edited by LegitHyperbole - 2 hours ago

It doesnt match the price range but it does go on sale and I highly recommend. My most favorite indie game

Freedom Planet

It was around $4 or $5 back in September 2024

https://isthereanydeal.com/game/freedom-planet/history/

It'll likely go on sale again during the Autumn and Winter sales on Steam.

If you want ,you can get it on GOG as well.

The game is also on Playstation and Switch

The Playstation version sells for around $10 but the Switch version goes on sale for around $4.50

https://www.dekudeals.com/items/freedom-planet