By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Male or female in character creators?

I choose...

Only male 8 17.78%

Only female 3 6.67%

An even mix of both 14 31.11%

Ainly male, sometimes female 12 26.67%

Mainly female, sometimes male 7 15.56%

Whatever the default is, ... 1 2.22%

Total:45

I practically don't play multiplayer/MMOs.
In single player games I'm 90% male, unless it's RPG or such with multiple characters.
If I'm making(/choosing) more than one character, typically one out of 2-4 is female, two out of 5-6.

Around the Network
Kaunisto said:

In single player games I'm 90% male, unless it's RPG or such with multiple characters.
If I'm making(/choosing) more than one character, typically one out of 2-4 is female, two out of 5-6.

^ this is me, as well.

If your role playing, typically you want your character to be a reflection of yourself (to some degree).

JRPGfan said:
Kaunisto said:

^ this is me, as well.

If your role playing, typically you want your character to be a reflection of yourself (to some degree).

Eh, you can roleplay with characters that don't reflect you. You can separate them from yourself and build their story as it goes along including choose there gender to start with. It's sometimes more fun that simply doing the same thing over again with your own character. Plus games like The Witcher 3 and Divinity OS2 have set characters and you have to roleplay as them and what choices they'd make more over the choices you'd make. Like I always make gerlalt squeeze people for coins when taking jobs or make the red prince just be a royal dick head. I find this role-playing far more enjoyable than inserting yourself into the world. 

JRPGfan said:
Kaunisto said:

^ this is me, as well.

In actual Pen&Paper RPG groups I usually play characters that are nothing like me. That is the whole point. Why would I choose to play an overweight middle-aged man with no cardio?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]