By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Male or female in character creators?

I choose...

Only male 5 15.63%

Only female 2 6.25%

An even mix of both 10 31.25%

Ainly male, sometimes female 10 31.25%

Mainly female, sometimes male 4 12.50%

Whatever the default is, ... 1 3.13%

Total:32

Depends on how I'm feeling tbh. Sometimes I'll play a Male, sometimes a Female.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

Huh, so it's really down to people moods. I do put so much through lt into it like if a female can be realistically seen fighting in the setting or if a male might not be agile enough based on the combat to how the VA sounds or if the setting dictates one gender over the other. Lol. Casandras VA in Oddessy was better but I got to a point in the game where ehe tales a really hard punch to the face and my suspension of disbelief was ruined which kinda ruined my gameplay experience after that. It'd be cool to be able to be free of thwse thoughts enough to click random and play or roleplay which ever character turns up and try and fill in the gaps of logic and come up with deep reasons into the characters past to explain what's happening. Huh...if I were to do this, what game would be best for roleplay? I'd need a silent character in an RPG to start with...? Anyone?

I tend to make male characters almost always, but there are occasional exceptions like Cyberpunk 2077 where honestly it felt like feminine V was the only choice

I usually go for male for main character, but if theres companions (like In Dragon's Dogma for example) I always make them female.
It do be as it do be.

I always make every character look as closely to myself as possible.

Around the Network

Almost always female just because women simply look better than dudes. =P

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

LegitHyperbole said:

Huh, so it's really down to people moods. I do put so much through lt into it like if a female can be realistically seen fighting in the setting or if a male might not be agile enough based on the combat to how the VA sounds or if the setting dictates one gender over the other. Lol. Casandras VA in Oddessy was better but I got to a point in the game where ehe tales a really hard punch to the face and my suspension of disbelief was ruined which kinda ruined my gameplay experience after that. It'd be cool to be able to be free of thwse thoughts enough to click random and play or roleplay which ever character turns up and try and fill in the gaps of logic and come up with deep reasons into the characters past to explain what's happening. Huh...if I were to do this, what game would be best for roleplay? I'd need a silent character in an RPG to start with...? Anyone?

For some folks (like myself) it can be.

Like I really don't mind games where you only get to play as a female lead or a male one (I look at both Devil May Cry & Bayonetta favourably for their choice in male/female leads/secondary characters). 

But there are folks who will choose based on looks or self identification (Like guys who like playing as guys to self insert, which is generally a normal thing to do).

Then there's my ex-roomie, who always played female characters because he just wanted to stare at ass all day (he was straight, while I'm Bi, so I didn't care who I chose).

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Depends. Probably about 60% male, 40% female. I can't really explain it, I guess I'd just find it boring to always pick male or always pick female.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 161 million (was 73 million, then 96 million, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million, then 156 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Chazore said:
LegitHyperbole said:

For some folks (like myself) it can be.

Like I really don't mind games where you only get to play as a female lead or a male one (I look at both Devil May Cry & Bayonetta favourably for their choice in male/female leads/secondary characters). 

But there are folks who will choose based on looks or self identification (Like guys who like playing as guys to self insert, which is generally a normal thing to do).

Then there's my ex-roomie, who always played female characters because he just wanted to stare at ass all day (he was straight, while I'm Bi, so I didn't care who I chose).

It's so odd for me people play like this because for me those things are distracting as hell. I always find myself starring to the women boobies and butts and lose immersion and concentration 

I saw people playing BG3 with their companions all naked and I can't see myself playing without staring Shadowheart or Astarion bootycheeks all the time 

Only male avatar characters for me. And I tend not to like to play short/young/effeminate male characters either. I'm freakishly tall for most places I've lived, so I'll go max height. It has nothing to do with what I like to look at, but more a representation of myself in the game world.

This is strictly a create-a-character thing, I have no preference toward male or female for established characters (like Locke or Terra from FF6).

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.