By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox controller alternative? The Series X controller is terrible.

I agree that it's impossible to game in a bedroom when there is someone sleeping next to you as the buttons(especially the D-Pad) make ridiculous noise. But in someway I really like the Xbox Series controller to use on PC as the sticks are in the right position for me and the weight is good.(eventhough i love the PS5 being very quite in sound and very light)

Around the Network

I have an experiment for you. Play with the swich pro controller for an hr.  Play for the dualsense for an hr. Get a good feel for the grip where your hand sits,   feel the buttons.   Then switch over to the series x/s controller.

What you'll notice is a cheap plastic feel on the xbox controller in comparison to the other 2 that feel premium and with a more heft to it. Then next the sensation of the buttons , feel cheap in comparison. Not as satisfying to press, and then ofcourse the clicky clack sounds each press makes gives a feeling of cheap made ones.  This is way more evident at night when your gaming in bedroom and your wife starts complaining, and your left with no choice but to switch to another console.  

KratosLives said:

I have an experiment for you. Play with the swich pro controller for an hr.  Play for the dualsense for an hr. Get a good feel for the grip where your hand sits,   feel the buttons.   Then switch over to the series x/s controller.

What you'll notice is a cheap plastic feel on the xbox controller in comparison to the other 2 that feel premium and with a more heft to it. Then next the sensation of the buttons , feel cheap in comparison. Not as satisfying to press, and then ofcourse the clicky clack sounds each press makes gives a feeling of cheap made ones.  This is way more evident at night when your gaming in bedroom and your wife starts complaining, and your left with no choice but to switch to another console.  

I have a ps5, Switch Pro and Xbox controller (for PC)...  Xbox all day long.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

This is only sort of related but if somebody knows a good cheaper alternative to Xbox controllers on PC, I'm all ears (preferably ones that don't require any extra setup or software).

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Alternatively game in another room or tell your partner to play with you

Around the Network

I wish the clicks were louder. No joke. The clicker the better. Why I use loud mechanical keyboards.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

KratosLives said:
Pemalite said:

The controller is great. Hence why its identical to the Xbox One X controller, but with a share button, don't fix what isn't broken.

There is a reason why the Xbox controller dominates all other controllers on PC.

Sorry fellow australian,  but i have to assume you've never held  a playstation or nintendo controller before. 

This is why you don't make assumptions, the law of total probability dictates that you can be wrong.
And in this instance, you are.

Shall I take a photo of my PS5, Switch and Xbox controllers together?

NightF0x73 said:

Series controller is so much better than One controller.

How? They are basically identical sans-the share button.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
KratosLives said:

Sorry fellow australian,  but i have to assume you've never held  a playstation or nintendo controller before. 

This is why you don't make assumptions, the law of total probability dictates that you can be wrong.
And in this instance, you are.

Shall I take a photo of my PS5, Switch and Xbox controllers together?

NightF0x73 said:

Series controller is so much better than One controller.

How? They are basically identical sans-the share button.

Dpad. It's the best Dpad since Saturn. XBO controller doesn't have the same dpad.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Have you considered an Xbox One controller? The shape is a little different and the D-pad might be better depending on your tastes.
If not check, this out.
https://www.theverge.com/23025443/best-xbox-controllers-one-series-x-s

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 161 million (was 73 million, then 96 million, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million, then 156 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

KratosLives said:

I have the Switch, Play Station 5 and Xboxes... I do not agree with you, not at all.

I think all 3 feels very good (stick layout is another story but this is very personal), and I also have both the Xbox Elite 2 and Dual Sense Edge and they both feel as premium as the other.

I'm not what the hell this is coming from, but you are definitely in a very small minority if you find the Series X controller "terrible" :)

I mean at the end you can always go for an Xbox One controller I guess.