By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which Nintendo game do you enjoy the most for local multiplayer situations?

Which Nintendo game do you enjoy the most for local multiplayer situations?

Mario Party 6 23.08%

Mario Kart 10 38.46%

Smash Bros 7 26.92%

2D Mario Multiplayer 0 0%

Mario 3D World Multiplayer 2 7.69%

Wii/Switch Sports 0 0%

Kirby 0 0%

Mario Sports Games 0 0%

Star Fox 0 0%

F-Zero 1 3.85%

Total:26

Which Nintendo game would you guys prefer to play the most in a get together/party local multiplayer setting? 

For me I'll have to say Mario Party personally. I feel like Mario Party is an fun yet accessible type game for people of all skill levels so no matter how good I get at the game, I still always have a chance to lose which makes me more competitive and enjoy the game more with others. I also really enjoy the board game type strategy that's involved with Mario Party and it makes the game satisfying.

For games like Smash Bros & Mario Kart, while I enjoy those games too for local multiplayer, I feel like I have somewhat too big of a skill gap against other people for it to feel competitive during the game, which somewhat limits my enjoyment compared to a game like Mario Party. 

How bout for you guys?

Around the Network

Mario 3D World, crazy great fun.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Wii Sports with friends and a bunch of drinks remains some of the most fun I've ever had with a video game.
Much laughs and silliness for hours on end.

Mario Kart Wii was my other go-to party game in those days, and was also an outrageously good time.

There are not often we game local anymore. Most of the multiplayer done nowadays are online.
Still when we have meetups with the family we still sometimes play Mario Kart Double and Smash Bros Melee. Since I had the most fun from Melee I picked Smash Bros.

Mario Kart, Mario Party(if available) or a Mario platformer with multiplayer mode of course. It's so basic as it can get but gosh dang it if it doesn't work wonderfully

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network

Mario Party hands down!

I play with my friends; loser of each mini game has to take a shot.

It gets crazy.

There's no rivalry in a local multiplayer game that can be compared with the one that emerges when you steal someone's star in a Mario Party game

I had a lot of fun with Super Smash Bros.

It really depends on my mood. But I have several hundred hours of Mario Kart on Switch alone, and only about 8-10 hours of that is single player - I don’t really enjoy the game single player or online (exclusively), but love it multiplayer.

Other than Mario Kart: Wii Sports, WarioWare (particularly Smooth Moves, which was an awesome game to play around drinks when we could get a full 8 players), and Kirby (particularly Superstar)

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Mario Party because literally anyone can play it.