By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - State of Play Sept 24

KLXVER said:

When did Ghost Of Tsushima become a masterpiece in peoples eyes? Its a fun game and I remember people thinking its was good, but not amazing. Then suddenly its this huge thing. I dont get it...

Anyway, there was some interesting stuff in this SoP, but I really wanted RE9 that was rumored

I found it was a masterpiece on the first island, a dozen or so hours in and it kept that till the end. The game is so much more than just running through the story, you have to slow down and breath, stretch it all out and doing every little thing organically. I even found the camera to be a refreshing turn from the lock on systems games use, made the combat feel more authentic. 

Around the Network
haxxiy said:
BraLoD said:

That was Mt. Fuji, right?
I hope we can go there!

Mt. Yotei in Hokkaido.

So no Logan Paul and a corpse. I'm sure WWE fans will be sad.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:

Only 2 interesting things. Lunar and Nier SB. Other than that typical SoP yawn fest. A Nintendo direct needs to come out soon.

Dunno how you are not excited for the new Ghost game (gotta start addresing it as the franchise).

BraLoD said:
KLXVER said:

When did Ghost Of Tsushima become a masterpiece in peoples eyes? Its a fun game and I remember people thinking its was good, but not amazing. Then suddenly its this huge thing. I dont get it...

Anyway, there was some interesting stuff in this SoP, but I really wanted RE9 that was rumored

I've been in love with Ghost of Tsushima since day one, to me it's the game I resonated the most during the whole PS4 gen.

Horizon was the most interesting new IP, The Last of Us 2 the most impressive game and God of War 4 the best game overall... but Ghost of Tsushima was my favorite playthrough.

Thats fair. Its just the big jump in acclaim from so many all of a sudden. Never heard people talking much about it until the sequel was rumored. Maybe it was ahead of its time? I dont know.

Ghost looks fantastic, can't wait to play it. Excited for Lunar I've never played them before but have always wanted to. Dino Crisis coming to PS+ nice, again I haven't played that before. That Midnight Walk game looked interesting as well.

Around the Network

Didn't really care much for anything else that was shown, but Ghost of Yotei definitely caught my attention.

KLXVER said:

I can only speak for myself, so I'll do just that. It was never a masterpiece, and it did in fact have its flaws... but did those flaws manage to do much to take away from the game's greatness? Nah. I thoroughly enjoyed the game even with its flaws. I acknowledge it's not a masterpiece, but it was very enjoyable to me nonetheless, probably much more so than any other game in years. OK, there might be others I can also count, but I can't remember them off the top of my head.

BraLoD said:
Leynos said:

Only 2 interesting things. Lunar and Nier SB. Other than that typical SoP yawn fest. A Nintendo direct needs to come out soon.

Dunno how you are not excited for the new Ghost game (gotta start addresing it as the franchise).

Because it wasn't very good. It felt very much like Western game trying to make a Japanese setting with the same technical and gameplay hangups. I'd rather they made a new Sly Cooper.

I hope the Lunar Remasters are based on the SEGA Saturn or SEGA CD versions. Game Arts ports to Sony consoles always sucked in the 90s up until Grandia II on PS2. They ran worse. Looked worse. They played worse.

Overall a nice presentation but man if it wasn't for Yotei saving the end this would've kinda been a flop. Playstation's 2025 is looking better though hopefully there's at least one more big first party game for that year and they finally have another full on big showcase before too much longer.

Leynos said:

Because it wasn't very good. It felt very much like Western game trying to make a Japanese setting with the same technical and gameplay hangups. I'd rather they made a new Sly Cooper.

Well, it still sold 10 million+ including a million copies in Japan. You have to admit it makes sense people would be excited for a sequel if that many liked it.