By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Would you have a bought an Xbox One if Microsoft didn't reverse its policies?

Would you have a bought an Xbox One if Microsoft didn't reverse its policies?

Yes 3 13.64%

No 19 86.36%

Maybe 0 0%

Total:22

Because VCR's were pre PS1 for God's sakes.

Around the Network

Ugh I despised that crap. Very unlikely. If anything, I would have waited until it inevitably hit the bargain bin price of 100 bucks or something. More likely I would have just made the jump to PS4 and avoided it entirely. If I'm going to do heavy DRM bs where I essentially don't even own my own content I might as well just use Steam, which I already have and at that time had a decent gaming PC. So glad and relieved they received the message of the massive fan backlash on that one.

Plus Kinect REALLY irritated me and I thought (and pretty much still do) view it as a shameless ripping off of the very cheapest, most shallow aspects of the Wii philosophy (while still missing the point of the deeper reasons for Wii's success), and saw them as desperately trying to ride on their coattails. MS was really close to losing me to Sony in the early 2010s, but their backing off on the Kinect and DRM stuff kept me aboard.

It's funny to think I could have been a Sony gamer rn if MS didn't wisen up and listen to their fans on that policy.

Last edited by DarthMetalliCube - on 07 September 2024

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

I buy every console... And while it's game library was laughable... It's the consoles "features" I enjoyed more than the games.

I.E:
* I actually enjoyed Kinect for the voice control of the system, not so much the motion controls.
* I enjoyed backwards compatibility.
* I enjoyed the Xbox One X enhanced titles.

But where were the games? Only notable titles was Halo 5 (Did poorly), Master Chief Collection (Old games with a new coat of paint), RARE Replay (Old games with only some having a new coat of paint) and Gears of War 5 which was a brilliant title.

Series X is off to an even worst start. Only has Halo: Infinite (Average) and Starfield (Average).

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

I never bought an Xbox One because I didnt have enough money back then.

Yes, I would have. 

Their digital plans were a big deal for me, and I was looking forward to it. Their plan to be able to share your library (like Steam) with my kids was a game changer (I have four kids). And I do not resell or buy used games, so it was a net gain for me.

DRM has never been an issue for me; I mean, in 20 years, I can count on my fingers the times I wanted to play when their servers were not available (it did happen more than that, but not enough to affect me), and I do not think not being able to play one time or two per years is a big deal.

Furthermore, even today, I always set my main console in my living room so even if Internet is down; my kids can play all my games anyway.

Around the Network

Rare Replay is the system's best game.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

I mean, this all just was another thing to put on top of their problems they eventually faces during that generation so, it would like have been even less popular than it already was.

Anywoo, no at the time I was gunning to get myself a 3DS. Console gaming wasn't in my cords after the 360 days

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

I got a gaming PC, which would make an Xbox pretty redundant and thus useless for me.

Bofferbrauer2 said:

I got a gaming PC, which would make an Xbox pretty redundant and thus useless for me.

I consider that a lot of their games are gonna soon become playable on PS5 platforms. Some of them have already released there. Apart from Pentiment, Indiana Jones, Minecraft: Dungeons and Grounded, there were games that initially intended to be on PS5 because of previous deals which should have done e.g. Diablo 4, Deathloop, Wasteland 3, The Outer Worlds. Also they have released Ori games on Switch. Besides there will be next Doom and BO6 (because of 10-year agreement between MS and Sony) launching on day one.

Probably the majority of games will eventually release on PS5 including State of Decay 2, Flight Simulator and Gears 5 + Tactics. The only exception would be Forza which is unlikely to release on PS platform in the long term.

While PC and XS are not direct rivals, PS5 is a competitor in console market. PS5 ports may reduce XS popularity. However, there will be a chance that nothing will change if people stick with Xbox subscription and if the majority of New MS games are gonna release on PS5 later than on PC and XS.