By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - It's September. PS5 Pro should be revealed in the next weeks

Are you excited for PS5 Pro?

Yes, I'll get one as soon as possible 5 14.29%

Yes, I plan to get one in the future 4 11.43%

More or less, I need to see more 5 14.29%

No, I'm fine with my PS5 12 34.29%

No, I'm not interested on PS5 at all 9 25.71%

Total:35

Rumour is that it will be announced between 19 or 20th of September

Around the Network

I'm excited! I will pick up the PS5 Pro and will try and make mid-gen Playstations my systems to buy moving forward.

Since I didn't pick up the original PS5, this allowed me to finish my PS4 backlog, all the while Sony fixes up the kinks in their new system and more good games are out now.

When the PS6 comes out ill wait for the PS6 Pro so I can finish my PS5 backlog. That's my thought process for now but it's not set in stone haha

So WuKong will probably be used to show off some of the extra power right?

V-r0cK said:

I'm excited! I will pick up the PS5 Pro and will try and make mid-gen Playstations my systems to buy moving forward.

Since I didn't pick up the original PS5, this allowed me to finish my PS4 backlog, all the while Sony fixes up the kinks in their new system and more good games are out now.

When the PS6 comes out ill wait for the PS6 Pro so I can finish my PS5 backlog. That's my thought process for now but it's not set in stone haha

Yeah I may be in a similar boat in terms of when to buy a PS system. Granted, for me I wasn't in a position to get a PS5 earlier cause of finances. But I can see myself doing something similar to you

twintail said:

So WuKong will probably be used to show off some of the extra power right?

V-r0cK said:

Yeah I may be in a similar boat in terms of when to buy a PS system. Granted, for me I wasn't in a position to get a PS5 earlier cause of finances. But I can see myself doing something similar to you

I'm wondering if Ragnarok has anything to do with showing off the ps4 pro.  I say that because the PC version is 190 gb, which is way bigger than the ps5 version.  Also for ultra settings at 60 fps, the recommendation is a 4070, which is a beefy card. 

Feels like Ragnarok is receiving a huge upgrade on PC, could be good to show off a pro model.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Well it's definite and they just confirmed the Dlab leaks with the 30th anniversary logos, same sketch is in the background of that with the 4 lines. It's about time they announce it..

Around the Network
LegitHyperbole said:

Well it's definite and they just confirmed the Dlab leaks with the 30th anniversary logos, same sketch is in the background of that with the 4 lines. It's about time they announce it..

It's truly a weird moment seeing the company soft leaking the design themselves by integrating it to an anniversary logo

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Next week. Stay tuned.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Any day now. Any day at all. You can almost smell the plastic in the air and hear them fans off in the distance as they get closer, forever to increase the decible level of many a living room and lounge area and randomly increase in volume for no reason whatsoever. 

9 minute presentation tomorrow. 4pm BST. 8am PDT.Here we goooo. Let's make some predictions...

500 USD digital. 600 USD disk drive. 

Slim gets a 50 USD price cut. (Maybe at state of play)

Goal of the system is an RT machine. 

Games will focus between RT enhanced modes and 60fps performance modes with hopefully no frame gen/upscaling or hopefully targeting resolutions lower than 4k to avoid that nonsense. 

Balanced modes will also be a big push with the enhanced games at launch. 

Same size as PS5 original model. Slightly thicker. 

Black Myth Wu Kong will be a game they use to show off the features. 

Last edited by LegitHyperbole - 6 days ago

Gonna stay with base PS5. It's already good enough for me and I don't feel the huge need for fancier graphics than PS5 already provides. Plus Pro is probably gonna be as huge as original PS5 which is a step back from the Slim. Not to mention that I personally don't see the cheapest SKU (discless) being cheaper than 599$ tbh. Will be glad to be proven wrong tomorrow on this though.