By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Astro-Bot or Zelda EoW? Clash of the 2024 September Titans

Which will sell more? Which will perform better with critics?

Astro Bot (Sales & Critical Reception) 19 22.35%

Zelda (Sales & Critical Reception) 29 34.12%

Astro Bot (Sales), Zelda (Critical Reception) 3 3.53%

Astro Bot (Critical Reception), Zelda (Sales) 34 40.00%

Total:85
firebush03 said:
LegitHyperbole said:

Seeing a lot of disappointment online for EoW. Like I said before Astro bot is taking home all the gold.

It'll be an Astro sweep, but where on earth are you finding ppl who are disappointed by EoW? The worst I’ve heard is performance issues.

Combat and UI slog are the main thing that I've heard which is not that damning, but Nintendo really need to fix how they handle deep inventory systems in future zeldas. It really pulled me out of TOTK constantly scrolling through menus. Even turn-based systems like FFVII R felt more intuitive getting to the skill/tool you want first

Around the Network
Otter said:
firebush03 said:

It'll be an Astro sweep, but where on earth are you finding ppl who are disappointed by EoW? The worst I’ve heard is performance issues.

Combat and UI slog are the main thing that I've heard which is not that damning, but Nintendo really need to fix how they handle deep inventory systems in future zeldas. It really pulled me out of TOTK constantly scrolling through menus. Even turn-based systems like FFVII R felt more intuitive getting to the skill/tool you want first

forgot that too lol.

firebush03 said:
LegitHyperbole said:

Seeing a lot of disappointment online for EoW. Like I said before Astro bot is taking home all the gold.

It’ll be an Astro sweep, but where on earth are you finding ppl who are disappointed by EoW? The worst I’ve heard is performance issues.

My YouTube feed. Ircha gaming and RGT 85 off the top of my head and other folks too. Same complaints,  they want a sword more than just that one CD and the UI selection to be the two biggest fails. 

It's clear Zelda is gong to dominate Astro in Japan, possibly selling 10x as many copies in week one. Astro did okay in Europe but not fantastic, It's up to the USA to lift Astro over Zelda sales wise.

rapsuperstar31 said:

It's clear Zelda is gong to dominate Astro in Japan, possibly selling 10x as many copies in week one. Astro did okay in Europe but not fantastic, It's up to the USA to lift Astro over Zelda sales wise.

Zelda has no chance LTD. Astro is looking to be a big evergreen title. With critical acclaim matching the likes of Elden Ring, Red Dead Redemption, and God of War, i see no situation in which this game doesn't blast through 10mil LTD. 

Around the Network
firebush03 said:
rapsuperstar31 said:

Zelda has no chance LTD. Astro is looking to be a big evergreen title. With critical acclaim matching the likes of Elden Ring, Red Dead Redemption, and God of War, i see no situation in which this game doesn't blast through 10mil LTD. 

No guarantees one way or the other, it may be evergreen it may not.  It sold 21% better in it's first week in Europe than Ratchet and Clank with a much bigger install base.  Ratchet and Clank sold 3.9 million units total so far.  It sold 28,521 physical in 3 weeks in Japan.  Has Sony announced any kind of sales milestones yet for Astro?  They were quick to say what Spiderman 2 sold in it's first 24 hours.

rapsuperstar31 said:
firebush03 said:

No guarantees one way or the other, it may be evergreen it may not.  It sold 21% better in it's first week in Europe than Ratchet and Clank with a much bigger install base.  Ratchet and Clank sold 3.9 million units total so far.  It sold 28,521 physical in 3 weeks in Japan.  Has Sony announced any kind of sales milestones yet for Astro?  They were quick to say what Spiderman 2 sold in it's first 24 hours.

No milestone from Sony probably because its launch week wasn't huge (slight better than Ratchet). So far legs are looking very good. No.1 in both UK, France and Switzerland in its 3rd week. This week in the UK it's no. 3 behind 2 new releases (Zelda and Fifa)...I'd be suprised if it suddenly drops off after such a consistent first month but we also don't know what Zelda's legs will be like. 

firebush03 said:
LegitHyperbole said:

It’ll be an Astro sweep, but where on earth are you finding ppl who are disappointed by EoW? The worst I’ve heard is performance issues.

Granted the scope of the reaction I've seem is small and are mostly old Nintendo fans... but I've seem only praise for it up until now, even form an oldschool Sega fanboy.

firebush03 said:
rapsuperstar31 said:

Sadly I see no scenario where it comes even close to 10M, unless it's heavily bundled with PS5s from now on for at least more than a full year...

If the game breaks 5M that would make me quite happy.

BraLoD said:
firebush03 said:

Sadly I see no scenario where it comes even close to 10M, unless it's heavily bundled with PS5s from now on for at least more than a full year...

If the game breaks 5M that would make me quite happy.

Why do you doubt the games legs? 

As far as 5m, if its tracking ahead of Ratchet in Europe and Japan (this week it should overtake Ratchets Japanese 2022 total), 5m seems a given.