By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Black Myth Wukong: Review Thread

LegitHyperbole said:
zeldaring said:

That's pretty much the story of the ps5. If you wanna go with  nextgen engine it's not worth it and games tend to look better just going with last gen engines at higher settings and 60fps. That's why horizon, RDR2, GOW:ragnorak, spider man 2  and last of us 2 are easily the best looking ps5 games IMO.

Fingers crossed the first party studios are cooking something up. What'd ya think of Demon souls? That still looks to be one of the best looking. As long as Rockstar are using the same RDR2 engine and can pull ot off I don't much care, it's the only game I want to be wowed by, most other games you end up forgetting about the visuals. That and Naughty dog if they are still on the third person stealth action adventure going into their next game. If you're playing a game for it to be a game and focusing on gameplay you quickly forget about graphics. 

I haven't played demons but the most impressive game on ps5 for me was GOW:ragnorak. The image quality was beautiful and 60fps locked. GTA6 will be mind blowing, rockstar just has too much man power, and money.

Around the Network

If this looks better than hellblade 2 did on the series s, then i'll be happy. Condidering both games run on unreal engine 5, hellblade had very low resolution textures. Ps5 is a more powerful system, so hopefully that game has better texture work.

Best looking ps5 game is Rachet at 120 hz.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Chrkeller said:

You vastly prefer cartoony but yea it does look beautiful. Graphics have gotten so good now that's it's coming to down to art style. I mean you still think wind waker is the most beautiful game ever which is crazy to me.

zeldaring said:
Chrkeller said:

You vastly prefer cartoony but yea it does look beautiful. Graphics have gotten so good now that's it's coming to down to art style. I mean you still think wind waker is the most beautiful game ever which is crazy to me.

Cartoon aside the game is amazing.  The lighting, shadows, reflections, frame rate and the amount of stuff going on the screen is crazy.

Wind Waker is just a personal preference, I love the simplistic style.  I ran it via CEMU at 4k..  so wonderful.

2nd best looking game is Demon.  Again, the lighting is amazing.  The game is nothing short of stellar.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Around the Network
Chrkeller said:
zeldaring said:

Cartoon aside the game is amazing.  The lighting, shadows, reflections, frame rate and the amount of stuff going on the screen is crazy.

Wind Waker is just a personal preference, I love the simplistic style.  I ran it via CEMU at 4k..  so wonderful.

2nd best looking game is Demon.  Again, the lighting is amazing.  The game is nothing short of stellar.  

Yea Ratchet is by far the most impressive graphically cartoony game by miles, Nothing comes close. I really should get both demon and rachet.

zeldaring said:
Chrkeller said:

Yea Ratchet is by far the most impressive graphically cartoony game by miles, Nothing comes close. I really should get both demon and rachet.

Demon is still my favorite souls game.  It is so damn good.  The atmosphere is tremendous.  I keep hoping for a PC release with enhanced graphics, but not sure that is going to happen.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

zeldaring said:
Chrkeller said:

He has a point though, Wind waker is a marvel. The way it has held up all this time but a launch, no-one even tool notice of how good it looked preferring PS2 realism at the time yet all those games that looked better aged like milk compared. 

Rachet already hit the Pixar quality in real time. Can't wait to see what Rift apart looks like without YouTube compression. 

Chrkeller said:
zeldaring said:

Demon is still my favorite souls game.  It is so damn good.  The atmosphere is tremendous.  I keep hoping for a PC release with enhanced graphics, but not sure that is going to happen.

Man, you still have to play Sekiro. Honestly now, there's no excuse with your rig. Beat the boss called Genichiro and the game will click with you, I promise it'll become one of your most cherished games. 

LegitHyperbole said:
Chrkeller said:

Man, you still have to play Sekiro. Honestly now, there's no excuse with your rig. Beat the boss called Genichiro and the game will click with you, I promise it'll become one of your most cherished games. 

I have it on my wish list.  Once it goes on sale I'll give it a go.  Same with AC4.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED