By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games that are pure dopamine blasts.

The most dopamine heavy title is...

Diablo series 2 14.29%

Path of Exile 0 0%

Destiny series 2 14.29%

World of War craft 1 7.14%

Final Fantasy 14 online 1 7.14%

Elder Scrolls online 0 0%

Warframe 0 0%

Runescape 0 0%

Minecraft 0 0%

Other in comments 8 57.14%

Total:14
Leynos said:

Shenmue

Strider 2

VanQuish. The best playing TPS ever made. (I like gears a lot as well so don't fret) 

make me happy playing them

Mario 64 is another.

Bulk Slash my favorite SEGA Saturn game. Name more later.

Vanquish is suuuuuch a blast. Such under rated game.

Around the Network

Playing the ExciteBike Arena track on MK8DX gives me plenty enough already !

On a more serious note, I think most of the RPG's I play kind of gives the dopamine I need with my characters incremental progression.

Gaining a level, finding new pieces of equipment, unlocking new tech/skills and whatever leading to an expansion of your gameplay possibilities. All those things are simply satisfying to me

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

I have to admit that I enjoy playing Destiny 1 to this day and much more than D2, I gave up on that one years ago. I especially enjoy going on patrol on Mars.

However, there's another game that I still enjoy playing today. It is Twisted Metal 2, and specifically the New York level. I love putting in a password for either Grasshopper, Mr. Slam, or a few others. I enjoy setting up an ambush and knocking the other guys off a building with the ricochet weapon, it never gets old. Also, another good ambush method is placing a remote bomb in the middle of the pool and watching an enemy drive right into it.

SOCOM 2 Multiplayer, for me nothing comes even close to that game.

Who cares?

BFR said:

I have to admit that I enjoy playing Destiny 1 to this day and much more than D2, I gave up on that one years ago. I especially enjoy going on patrol on Mars.

However, there's another game that I still enjoy playing today. It is Twisted Metal 2, and specifically the New York level. I love putting in a password for either Grasshopper, Mr. Slam, or a few others. I enjoy setting up an ambush and knocking the other guys off a building with the ricochet weapon, it never gets old. Also, another good ambush method is placing a remote bomb in the middle of the pool and watching an enemy drive right into it.

Destiny 2 is extremely hard to get into, they're constantly changing things so you and I who fell off at launch or shortly after wouldn't know what to do or direction to go to without help. Pity cause the core gunplay is amazing.

If you're into Twisted Metal in a big way, did you know the creator, David Jaffe has a YouTube channel and streams regularly. He's actually really good at Streaming, entertaining dude. 

Around the Network

Go try Vampire Survivors.

It has been a while. But Meme Run for Wii U, was able to just play for hours.
Goldeneye 64 as a kid. But maybe Meme Run was just little hits of dopamine.

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

I gots another. Wo Long Fallen Dynasty, for all ot's flaws has a core combat that's produces massive hits of dopamine should you learn how to engage with it.

Character actions games. DMC series DMC1,3,4,5. Bayonetta Series. Astral Chain. Metal Gear Rising. No More Heroes. Gungrave franchise. And more.

Shmups. People kow Ikaruga. Radiant Silvergun but I also love Duel Gear and dozens and dozens more in the genre. We can put Nex Machina in there. Astebreed. I also love the 16-bit era ones. From MUSHA to Gaiares. Thunderforce. Gleylancer. Saturn/PS1 from Sōkyūgurentai to G Darius. Batsugun. Psyvariar 2. Cannon Spike. Gunbird. Zero Gunner 2. List goes on forever and too many to name. As for Lords of Thunder. Tell me this doesn't pump you up while playing a thrilling game! SO FUCKING METAL!

Games like Sin n Punishment and the sequel Star Sucessor beat SEGA at their own Genre! Other greats ones in the genre of course like Panzer Dragoon. REZ. Space Harrier. Planet Harriers. Edge of Skyhigh.

Then we have Run N Guns. Everyone knows Contra and of course Contra 1. 3. Hard Corps. Uprising all great but don't forget Neo. Then my fave is Assault Suit Leynos otherwise known as Target Earth on Genesis. The PS4 and PC got an excellent remake. It got some great sequels. Assault Suit Valken otherwise known as Cybernator in the US. Gunstar Heroes is another classic. We all know Metal Slug.   I should mention Assault Suit Leynos is not an easy game by any stretch but man is it awesome. Original feels dated now but is on Genesis NSO. I still reccomend the remake. Often cheap on PSN and Steam.

Last edited by Leynos - on 09 August 2024

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

The last time I felt really, really happy playing a game was playing Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory a bit in the last few years. In fact, I'm not sure I've felt that much joy while playing ever, including in the 2000s when playing the game originally. Anyway, that game is way more fun than I remembered, and it's always been one of my favourite games. Oh, and it's also always been free!