By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Digital Foundry: Best graphics on Nintendo Switch

curl-6 said:
zeldaring said:

They are comparing it to as  xenoblade 2 which was a disaster resolution wise. I seen pics and plenty gameplay footage it looks really blurry to me but I guess if you used to switch impossible parts it's  not bad.

As for those other games you mentioned they  look really average graphically to me but it's cool there using new techniques.

No offense but it seems everything Nintendo looks unimpressive to you as you seem to really strongly dislike them.

And that's okay, you're allowed to not like them, but you don't need to derail every Nintendo related thread by shitting on them for pages on end.

How many times have I said botw is beautiful. I also think mario odyssey looks really nice but those other games you mentioned don't look impressive for me, Luigi Mansion looks really nice as well 

Honestly I didn't derail the thread I stated my opinion that red dead was the best looking  open world game on the Switch and some people took offense to that.

Last edited by zeldaring - on 02 August 2024

Around the Network
zeldaring said:
curl-6 said:

No offense but it seems everything Nintendo looks unimpressive to you as you seem to really strongly dislike them.

And that's okay, you're allowed to not like them, but you don't need to derail every Nintendo related thread by shitting on them for pages on end.

How many times have I said botw is beautiful. I also think mario odyssey looks really nice but those other games you mentioned don't look impressive for me, Luigi Mansion looks really nice as well 

And that's fine, you are allowed to think Xenoblade 3 or Pikmin 4 or Monster Hunter don't look impressive. Nobody has a problem with you having an opinion. But this is the third or fourth thread in the last week or so where you've spent pages and pages spinning Nintendo things negatively. 

Last edited by curl-6 - on 02 August 2024

curl-6 said:
zeldaring said:

And that's fine, you are allowed to think Xenoblade 3 or Pikmin 4 or Monster Hunter don't look impressive. Nobody has a problem with you having an opinion. But this is the third or fourth thread in the last week or so where you've spent pages and pages spinning Nintendo things negatively. 

I don't think having a discussion is being negative. I just believe multiplatforms will show the superior hardware just like switch showed it right away even in though in handheld which is not a big step up power wise but modern architecture really showed right of the bat.

In defense of ZeldaRing 540p is low resolution and on a handheld you can get away with it, but on a big screen it is God awful.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Chrkeller said:

In defense of ZeldaRing 540p is low resolution and on a handheld you can get away with it, but on a big screen it is God awful.

Welp, that's truly sad if you're a 4K 70inch TV owner I guess, nonetheless the 540p resolution is only there when stressed to the the limit and the IQ is much sharper and cleaner than the previous games while pushing for even more characters, enemies and effects on the screen than previous games. 

That's also what makes it a technically impressive game.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network
Chrkeller said:

Oh man i just connnected  my laptop to the TV 42 inch to play botw and red dead. I'm shocked how bad they looked compared to my 14 inch laptop, on my laptop red dead looked stunning like real life and zelda BOTW like a painting. on the 42 inch they both looked dated and ugly, did not expect that. I can't even imagine what 540p would look like.

Chrkeller said:

The raw numbers don't accurately reflect the end result though, as the game uses a temporal upsampling solution. It's not a straight 540p.

curl-6 said:
Chrkeller said:

The raw numbers don't accurately reflect the end result though, as the game uses a temporal upsampling solution. It's not a straight 540p.

That helps, but DLSS at 540p is still rough.  I get there are things that can be done, but 540p is still messy.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Chrkeller said:
curl-6 said:

That helps, but DLSS at 540p is still rough.  I get there are things that can be done, but 540p is still messy.  

It's not the sharpest looking game on Switch, but it's a lot better than just "540p" alone might suggest. Raw pixel counts aren't as telling as they once were now that we live in the age of DLSS, FSR, and other reconstruction methods.

I believe it uses FSR

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!