By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your personal, single best game of all time.

The Winner is...

The Witcher 3 4 9.52%

Not the Witcher 3. (Comment) 38 90.48%

Total:42

I'm not ranking it as the best of all time. Tho it is a fantastic game and an all-time classic. My favorite game of all time.

Ys 1. Esp the Turbograpx16 and Chronicles versions. It has such an atmosphere of adventure. Yuzo Koshiro's score is a masterpiece. The TG16 version is an early example of voice acting and it's good! Yeah English VA in a JRPG in 1990 and it's good! Mind you Ys was originally released on the PC88 in 1986. It's been ported and remade 1000 times from classic to modern systems. It comes from the era of the bump system. Fairly common battle mechanics of the 80s. Before DQ popularized turn based in Japan. JRPGs were action games. Ys you bump into an enemy to attack. Slight learning curve but it catches on quickly.

May not seem like much to most people but this intro gives me chills every time.

Last edited by Leynos - on 26 July 2024

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

This really depends how you judge games right. For me it's gameplay, combat, aesthetics design, level design, exploring and story. if you wanna talk about being younger and blown away mario 64 was it because of the jump to 3d, graphics and gameplay all actually being amazing for it's time, plus being 14-15 helps a ton. Now if we talking by today standards then it's sekiro, it had it all from great combat to level design, to exploring and a intresting story. 4 endings that were very intresting and the game is just so damn replayable it is the perfect game if you are willing to get gud. You really do need to explore every single inch of the world to get everything you need because it will help you big time in finishing the game and that's very important.

Ocarina of Time.

Always Ocarina of Time.

The Legend of Zelda on the NES. A mixture of adventure and tight, arcade-like gameplay with an inventory that was used to progress like nothing before it. Although they're tied in my book, the first Zelda would just barely edge out A Link to the Past if I had to choose, simply because of the inclusion of the remixed second quest, and the massive impact the original had upon its debut. From the moment the title screen came up, you just knew you were in for something special. And the bad-ass gold cartridge didn't hurt either. I'll love it 'til the day I die.

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom closely followed by Breath of the Wild. I'd say the 3D Zelda games as a series are my favorite single player games of all time, because before BOTW, it was Skyward Sword for me, and before that, Ocarina of Time held the crown for a long time, with Majora's Mask a close second. Outside of Zelda, Metal Gear Solid 3 and Mario Galaxy are the best single player experiences I've had.
In the same vein, the Smash Bros series would be my overall best multiplayer game of all time. Too many great memories to count in all the couch multiplayer hours I played from the N64 iteration till the latest one. WWE; Day of Reckoning and Mario Kart would be the runner up multiplayer experiences for me.

EDIT: I haven't been active on this site in years and I see that my signature is now outdated. I'll update it soon. Bare with my time capsule sig for now

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs

Around the Network
Leynos said:

I'm not ranking it as the best of all time. Tho it is a fantastic game and an all-time classic. My favorite game of all time.

Ys 1. Esp the Turbograpx16 and Chronicles versions. It has such an atmosphere of adventure. Yuzo Koshiro's score is a masterpiece. The TG16 version is an early example of voice acting and it's good! Yeah English VA in a JRPG in 1990 and it's good! Mind you Ys was originally released on the PC88 in 1986. It's been ported and remade 1000 times from classic to modern systems. It comes from the era of the bump system. Fairly common battle mechanics of the 80s. Before DQ popularized turn based in Japan. JRPGs were action games. Ys you bump into an enemy to attack. Slight learning curve but it catches on quickly.

May not seem like much to most people but this intro gives me chills every time.

I really need to play more Ys games. I loved Origin and VIII, but haven’t fully explored the series. I have Ys I & II Chronicles downloaded on my Vita at the moment, so hopefully I can find time to play it soon :)

Donkey Kong Country 3.

Because I spent part of my childhood exploring that game.

Jpcc86 said:

In no particular order, these 3 would qualify for "My fav of all time" depending on my mood atm:
Chrono Trigger (SNES)
Suikoden 2 (PS1)
FF6 (SNES)

Ya gotta choose. 🤔 🔫

zeldaring said:

This really depends how you judge games right. For me it's gameplay, combat, aesthetics design, level design, exploring and story. if you wanna talk about being younger and blown away mario 64 was it because of the jump to 3d, graphics and gameplay all actually being amazing for it's time, plus being 14-15 helps a ton. Now if we talking by today standards then it's sekiro, it had it all from great combat to level design, to exploring and a intresting story. 4 endings that were very intresting and the game is just so damn replayable it is the perfect game if you are willing to get gud. You really do need to explore every single inch of the world to get everything you need because it will help you big time in finishing the game and that's very important.

It's definitely up there for me too, emaculate game. 

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Leynos said:

I really need to play more Ys games. I loved Origin and VIII, but haven’t fully explored the series. I have Ys I & II Chronicles downloaded on my Vita at the moment, so hopefully I can find time to play it soon :)

Ys Nordics comes out soon, perfect place to start but Ys 9 is on PS+ Catalogue if ya have that.