By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Brothers are back ! Mario & Luigi Brothership announcement for November 7th 2024

I played Superstar Saga in my early teens. I found it terrible after the greatness that Super Mario RPG was. It tried so hard to be funny, with bad jokes after bad jokes. And they made Bowser looks like a clown.

I think Bowser's Inside Story was better. Don't know, maybe this one could be good.

Around the Network

With AlphaDream gone, I’m curious who is behind this. Any guesses?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Since Intelligent System has their hands probably tied to the Fire Emblem and Paper Mario franchises, I do think the responsibility of the new M&L game is not theirs. However we do know they have a bunch of employees that went there after the closure of Alphadreams.

Actually, we know studios like Monolith Soft and IILCA have ex-director/writers for the series there.
Meantime, the main EPD absorbed a partial amount of ex-employee a too.

I know people have been speculating that the animations would lend credence that this is a work from Next Level Game, which isn't a bad guess too.

For all intent and purpose, it could be just a new internal team Nintendo has built with ex-Alphadream employees in mind.

Could also be a collaborative project between all the studios I've mentioned. Like aspects are being worked by an internal team but with the assistance of both Monolith Soft and NGL for different technical aspects.

Anyway, it won't be before we get the credits in front of us that we will know ...

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Never thought I would play mario rpg, 1000 door and a new Mario + Luigi on the switch. Crazy.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Chrkeller said:

Never thought I would play mario rpg, 1000 door and a new Mario + Luigi on the switch. Crazy.

Kind of an insane prospect if you would've told that to anyone back in 2022 when so many were convinced that we would be soon to hear of a successor in 2023 ... Or even 2022 for some, lol. 

Be frank, I'm glad they opted for an original game with Mario & Luigi. The remakes of Superstar Saga and Bowser's Inside Story are plenty enough in that department. 

Now that they remade them though, it leaves me intrigue as to what will be the future of any of those franchises.

Intelligent System is clearly gonna work on a new Paper Mario, be it like the first two games or they continue on the Adventure aspect of the franchise is unknown. 

Mario & Luigi is getting a new game. If it has good sales, I don't doubt for another one for the successor. Will it be a remake of Partners in Time or another new game ? Can't say.

Super Mario RPG feels like the odd one out now. Do they make another one in collab with Square Enix? Another studio ? Themselves ? Would they keep the isometric pseudo 3D artstyle or go on something else ? Gameplay features ? I'm completely uncertain about this one.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network

This game looks beautiful! I absolutely adored the character designs. Absolutely beautiful. Day 1 purchase.

Well now to watch the trailer. Heard from someone that this game was coming out.

BiON!@ 

Luigi is very happy at this, mabey a little happy

https://www.facebook.com/share/r/sV2zthtAyf9PQbht/?mibextid=0VwfS7

shavenferret said:

Luigi is very happy at this, mabey a little happy

https://www.facebook.com/share/r/sV2zthtAyf9PQbht/?mibextid=0VwfS7

That link didn't work for me but it might be because I don't have Facebook. It sucks though because I wanna see Weegie's peenie

I like it when my mom goes out of town because I get to sleep on her side of the bed. -William Montgomery

day 1 purchase, I cannot wait!

Switch!!!