By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation portable 3, Do you think it possible?

PSP3...

High possibility 6 18.18%

Low possibility 16 48.48%

Definitely happening 1 3.03%

Definitely NOT happening 8 24.24%

Other 2 6.06%

Total:33
LegitHyperbole said:
Conina said:

Well, I can share over 99% of my Steam games with up to 5 family members, only some EA and Ubisoft games are excluded:

No subscription needed. Only restriction: the same game can't be played by several family members at the same time.

And instead of switching carts with single games, I switch SD-cards with whole genres/series on it:

Hotswapping microSD cards works great on Steam Deck.

They are also not bound to a single device but can be inserted in different Steam Decks. It just works.

Cool, but how small are these cards that they only hold so little? You tried a 256gb card? Also, love the dirt/Grid combo. 

The Dirt/Grid sticker only indicates, that this is my microSD-card with my racing games. There are currently 48 racing games on that card (and 97 GB free for additional racing games) :

So far I use 200 - 512 GB cards depending on the genre... 6 - 7 TB in total.

Around the Network
Chrkeller said:

I like portables more than laptops. Gaming laptops are heavy and hard to carry around.

I want a Deck 2, assuming a better gpu/cpu chipset.

Personally, I wasn't thrilled the performance of the 3050, not given the size and weight of the laptop.  

A deck is 600 grams.  My 3050 laptop is 2,800 grams....  

I wouldn't say a 14 inch laptop is hard to carry around sure the performance and battery life is not amazing but the experience of gaming on my laptop at work or my bed is lights years ahead of the experience I had playing on the og switch that I uses to borrow from my nephew. 

Conina said:
LegitHyperbole said:

Cool, but how small are these cards that they only hold so little? You tried a 256gb card? Also, love the dirt/Grid combo. 

The Dirt/Grid sticker only indicates, that this is my microSD-card with my racing games. There are currently 48 racing games on that card (and 97 GB free for additional racing games) :

I've never thought of using those SD adapters as basically carrying cases for the smaller Micro SD cards.  That's kinda genius.  I've got a good dozen of those things laying around.

zeldaring said:
Chrkeller said:

I like portables more than laptops. Gaming laptops are heavy and hard to carry around.

I want a Deck 2, assuming a better gpu/cpu chipset.

Personally, I wasn't thrilled the performance of the 3050, not given the size and weight of the laptop.  

A deck is 600 grams.  My 3050 laptop is 2,800 grams....  

I wouldn't say a 14 inch laptop is hard to carry around sure the performance and battery life is not amazing but the experience of gaming on my laptop at work or my bed is lights years ahead of the experience I had playing on the og switch that I uses to borrow from my nephew. 

Depends on the travel.  Being on the tube or train to London, a laptop is too big.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Conina said:
LegitHyperbole said:

Oh, cool as fuck man.m, that's impressive, I was expecting 4 gig cards or something. You've got my taste in games btw

Around the Network

Will all of Sony’s first party studios even be on board with a potential PSP3? I don’t believe most of Sony’s studios put out big games on the Vita. No God of War, Gran Turismo, or Ratchet and Clank (outside of its trilogy collection). Would Naughty Dog or Guerilla Games really care enough when they have PS5 games to develop? If you don’t have the majority of your first party studios ready to go for a system that’s weaker than the PS5. You don’t have to worry about that with Nintendo’s dev teams when Switch 2 comes out and gets the ball rolling.

Kai_Mao said:

Will all of Sony’s first party studios even be on board with a potential PSP3? I don’t believe most of Sony’s studios put out big games on the Vita. No God of War, Gran Turismo, or Ratchet and Clank (outside of its trilogy collection). Would Naughty Dog or Guerilla Games really care enough when they have PS5 games to develop? If you don’t have the majority of your first party studios ready to go for a system that’s weaker than the PS5. You don’t have to worry about that with Nintendo’s dev teams when Switch 2 comes out and gets the ball rolling.

Sony itself said that Call of Duty, FIFA and some others account for 80% of the hours played on PlayStation. Sony studios don't make great games.

Tico said:
Kai_Mao said:

Sony itself said that Call of Duty, FIFA and some others account for 80% of the hours played on PlayStation. Sony studios don't make great games.

Would enough consumers be compelled to buy a PSP3 over a Switch 2 or a Steam Deck 2 just for CoD or FIFA?

Kai_Mao said:
Tico said:

Would enough consumers be compelled to buy a PSP3 over a Switch 2 or a Steam Deck 2 just for CoD or FIFA?

It would diffently sell better then the steam deck.

It would just be another Vita if it's a completely separate console from PS5.

I don't see why anyone would be against the idea of a portable SKU in the vein of SteamDeck (which is what I predicted). You don't like it? Skip it like I skipped the PS4 Pro. People are weird, "Oh but you don't understand! THE RESOURCES!" Bruh, Sony isn't a small company, they can afford an additional SKU with no impact whatsoever on PS5s output or their financial situation. Handhelds/hybrids are the future until mobile phones take over. If they don't adapt now, they will in a gen or two.