By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo buys a (porting) studio from Embracer

I've heard shiver was working on new ip is that true ir is that false information

Around the Network

I'm excited that Nintendo is finally investing in Western studios again, even if it's one not really known for outputting its own games. I'd really like to see Nintendo some of that overwhelming profit from the Switch and reinvest it into smart acquisitions and/or partnerships to ensure an even stronger pipeline of constant and diverse game releases.

Cool, they've got a good acquisition going considering it was the studio which ported Hogwarts Legacy, one the latest impossible port. Wouldn't be surprised if it was that port which made Nintendo truly interested in them.

+ Embracer was most likely looking to pocket money from it after how things recently went lol

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

If Shiver ports GTA 6 to the Switch 2, this is the most important purchase in the history of video gaming.

rapsuperstar31 said:

If Shiver ports GTA 6 to the Switch 2, this is the most important purchase in the history of video gaming.

Fuck GTA. Just get Xenoblade X and Zelda WW on Switch 2. Better games anyway.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
Leynos said:
rapsuperstar31 said:

The whole point of that studio is for 3rd party ports, Nintendo has internal teams that can do things like Xenoblade X and Zelda WW. 

I don't think a lack of a team has anything to do with Wind Waker not on Switch yet either, Nintendo could have had that on the system years ago, they are clearly holding for a release window they like, right now TOTK is still in its long tail cycle.

Leynos said:
rapsuperstar31 said:

Ha yeah I agree I would rather have those games, but GTA is going to be a system seller on a hybrid Switch 2.

Soundwave said:
Leynos said:

The whole point of that studio is for 3rd party ports, Nintendo has internal teams that can do things like Xenoblade X and Zelda WW. 

I don't think a lack of a team has anything to do with Wind Waker not on Switch yet either, Nintendo could have had that on the system years ago, they are clearly holding for a release window they like, right now TOTK is still in its long tail cycle.

You don't know it's for 3rd party ports. They don't need to buy a studio for that. More likely a support studio and possibly a tool-building studio. Xenoblade X has not been ported due to the large nature of it and no they don't have a studio that can just port it. Monolith has gone on record about that.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Please be PC ports.....

JRPGfan said:

Please be PC ports.....

I know. I would be so happy.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED