By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor/Leak for specific RAM and storage capacity of the Switch sucessor (Centro Leak)

Pemalite said:

What are you on about? You said you cannot "change the bandwidth in a closed design". - And that is a blatant lie.

The Switch also has different Ram states... Where the Ram will operate at either 1333mhz or 1600mhz. Which removes any user-level interference, overclocking or modification.

In a closed design physical memory is not always fixed.

On the Nintendo 64 you could add more Ram via the expansion pack as another example.

What am I on about!? What are you on about? You have to explain:

- what motive do I have to lie?
- I was talking about the memory chip's capacity, latency and bandwidth, when you purchase it it can't be changed on a closed design unless you pop open the hood and void your warranty and possibly brick your device. You can't change the fixed manufacturing specs using alchemy. You kept misframing my posts.

Since the beginning I told the other user I was not particulary good at hardware. With all that and such rude attitude from you, mods are supposed to lead by example. But your knowledge just seems to puff up your what? Idk, not liking this. Don't tell me I'm lying when I'm having an honest conversation!!

Last edited by padib - on 27 May 2024

Around the Network
Chrkeller said:

I wonder if Nintendo will opt for a 120 hz screen. That would be quite nice.

Even if they don't, variable refresh rate support needs to be a must, one of the biggest issues with the Switch is that it will drop framerates which results in stutter, VRR can help eliminate that by matching framerate to the monitor refresh rate.

Chrkeller said:

120 hz really that expensive?  I don't follow portables but on TVs is is fairly common.  

There are super cheap budget monitors in the PC space which are 100hz... With some moderately priced 1080P/24" monitors at 165hz.

Most 60hz panels can overclock to 75-90hz easily enough without any issues... So I don't think it's a big cost this day and age.
But even in the mobile phone space budget/mid-range phones are now rolling out with higher refresh rate panels. I.E. Google Pixel 6a.

Honestly, I am fine with 60hz, it's a console, it's never going to have every game hit 120hz, let alone 60hz. Just need VRR.

padib said:

What am I on about!? What are you on about? You have to explain:

- what motive do I have to lie?
- I was talking about the memory chip's capacity, latency and bandwidth, when you purchase it it can't be changed on a closed design unless you pop open the hood and void your warranty and possibly brick your device. You can't change the fixed manufacturing specs using alchemy. You kept misframing my posts.

Since the beginning I told the other user I was not particulary good at hardware. With all that and such rude attitude from you, mods are supposed to lead by example. But your knowledge just seems to puff up your what? Idk, not liking this. Don't tell me I'm lying when I'm having an honest conversation!!

You *can* change a memory chips capacity, latency and bandwidth.
Memory is ratified against JEDEC memory standards, so they will operate at various speeds, latency and bandwidth.

The Nintendo Switch does this.

I am not being "rude" or showcasing "attitude".  Just stating facts.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Soundwave said:
LegitHyperbole said:

Yeah, the joy cons could do with being bigger, gotta wonder will they pull a PS portable like thing where they are bigger than the tablet but without the back panel. It'd look funky but since it's going to be chunky anyway why not go the full hog and have couch level comfort.  

They will probably size them up too because it's a very obvious way of getting people to have to buy all their Joycons over again, they can claim "hey the system is larger, we have no choice but to go with larger Joycons!" instead of reusing the same size and letting people just use their existing Joycons attached to the system. 

Extra Joycon sales are probably a huge cash cow. 

If the default Joy Cons have a better build quality, have the drift issue solved and are made for adult hands, I won't complain. I've been playing my Switch in handheld more lately, but I always have to go to games that don't require twitch and reflexes because even during the moments where I don't feel like I'm going to break them, the Joy Cons just aren't comfortable enough for me to use properly and I'm losing coordination.

I'm going to be getting the Hori Split Pad Pro soon which will hopefully solve that problem, but it would be nice if the Switch 2 Joy Cons were built like that by default.

jvmkdg said:

How much will this console cost? Nintendo has no history of subsidizing console prices. With these configurations it is almost impossible for it to cost less than 500 dollars. Unless Nintendo wants to lose money on hardware, but like I said they don't usually do that like Sony and Microsoft

The 256GB could be just a variant, maybe there would be two or even three variants up to 512GB. In this case I see the prices between 400 and 500$.

I hope Pro controllers are BC.... I'm tired of buying new controllers every generation when they don't actually meaningfully do anything new.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Around the Network
Chrkeller said:

I hope Pro controllers are BC.... I'm tired of buying new controllers every generation when they don't actually meaningfully do anything new.

From the latest rumors, even Joy cons will be BC

We reap what we sow

Has anyone done a mock up/rendering/demo video for what a Nintendo game (specifically some IP they own) could look like with the rumored specs?

Goomba said:
jvmkdg said:

How much will this console cost? Nintendo has no history of subsidizing console prices. With these configurations it is almost impossible for it to cost less than 500 dollars. Unless Nintendo wants to lose money on hardware, but like I said they don't usually do that like Sony and Microsoft

The 256GB could be just a variant, maybe there would be two or even three variants up to 512GB. In this case I see the prices between 400 and 500$.

In a perfect world, we could have some tiers where the cheapest one with 256GB, without the dock and with an LCD screen, is $350; the one with the dock is $400; and the OLED screen with the dock and 512GB is $500. 

Dulfite said:

Has anyone done a mock up/rendering/demo video for what a Nintendo game (specifically some IP they own) could look like with the rumored specs?

No point because anytime people do that shit it never comes close.  Check all the 1000000000 videos of Nintendo UE4 shit from a decade ago. Just wait until it's announced.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:
Dulfite said:

No point because anytime people do that shit it never comes close.  Check all the 1000000000 videos of Nintendo UE4 shit from a decade ago. Just wait until it's announced.

I'm not talking about someone making Nintendo demos in the best possible engine nowadays, I'm talking about someone making Nintendo demos with the limitations of the rumored specs. A realistic demo, not a "What if they had the best tech" demo.