By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor/Leak for specific RAM and storage capacity of the Switch sucessor (Centro Leak)

This has now came a few hours back but considering it is coming from investigative sources which looked at detailed shipments of parts between manufacturers/shippers(on Famiboards), this most likely what we're gonna see inside the Switch 2.

- 12GB of RAM (Specifically LPDDR5X )

- 256G storage on UFS 3.1

- Microphone built-in the console ?

Looking at a piece of hardware notably stronger than the PS4.

Huuum yeah ... In the eventually that this is proven to be true, I guess it falls under the expectations that I had for the console. RAM wise, it was difficult to think they were gonna go with 16GB or lower than 12GB since this was a known factor of the 239T sku.

The use of UFS 3.1 was also the most likely solution to get much better storage speed without breaking the SSD NVd bank.

Kinda cements my thoughts that the system has no chance to be priced higher than 399$.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network

Triple the RAM and quadruple the storage of the base Switch? Look at Nintendo living life like there ain't no tomorrow.

Hope it’s true, we can get some fantastic games with 3x power

How much will this console cost? Nintendo has no history of subsidizing console prices. With these configurations it is almost impossible for it to cost less than 500 dollars. Unless Nintendo wants to lose money on hardware, but like I said they don't usually do that like Sony and Microsoft

PortisheadBiscuit said:

Hope it’s true, we can get some fantastic games with 3x power

Considering what Monolith Soft was capable of working on WiiU and Switch. They are my most anticipated devs to see what they're currently cooking. 

Around the Network

That would mean 120 GB/s of bandwidth, consistent with the GeForce 2050 in laptops, which is expected to be more or less similar to the Switch 2 GPU. Of course, the laptop GPU wouldn't have to share bandwidth with the CPU too, but still.

haxxiy said:

That would mean 120 GB/s of bandwidth, consistent with the GeForce 2050 in laptops, which is expected to be more or less similar to the Switch 2 GPU. Of course, the laptop GPU wouldn't have to share bandwidth with the CPU too, but still.

Nice to think the whole thing will be basically be an in-between the PS4 Pro-Series S spec wise.

The only thing the former would have over the Switch 2 would be the memory bandwidth (217gb/s vs 120gb/s for the Switch 2). 

GPU,CPU,RAM storage are all going to slide over it. So pretty much like the Switch, it's gonna offer modern rendering techniques that couldn't be done on previous gen consoles while maintaining a resolution simar to what we see if the Series S ... Maybe even better with DLSS

Mar1217 said:

The use of UFS 3.1 was also the most likely solution to get much better storage speed without breaking the SSD NVd bank.

You can commonly find 521 GB nvme drives for $40-50.
Is that really such an expensive technology any more that they have to go with an alternative?

12 GB of RAM sounds good though. It's not 16, but I was worried they'd go with 8.

Sounds like it migth be somewhere around PS4 Pro - Series S.
Which is also better than expected.

Last edited by Hiku - on 09 May 2024

12 gb is huge :) thats nice, was one of my worries, that they might to too low.

Mar1217 said:

Nice to think the whole thing will be basically be an in-between the PS4 Pro-Series S spec wise.

The only thing the former would have over the Switch 2 would be the memory bandwidth (217gb/s vs 120gb/s for the Switch 2). 

GPU,CPU,RAM storage are all going to slide over it. So pretty much like the Switch, it's gonna offer modern rendering techniques that couldn't be done on previous gen consoles while maintaining a resolution simar to what we see if the Series S ... Maybe even better with DLSS

Slide over it is too much - the RTX 3050 is like 70% of a GTX 1060, so it should be a bit faster than the PS4 Pro GPU overall. The Switch 2 however won't be running anywhere close to 30-45 W and might not include the full 2048 SPs as the laptop GPU.

Even going for a more modern architecture here wouldn't make a difference since Nvidia's IPC has been remarkably consistent in the past three generations. It will have to make do with DLSS to close the gap to the Pro, not raster performance.