By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor/Leak for specific RAM and storage capacity of the Switch sucessor (Centro Leak)

EA has never been a factor in Nintendo's successes and failures. EA has never been a big deal on any Nintendo platform whether they supported it or not.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
Fight-the-Streets said:

!Warning - the below is meant ironically (read the P.S. section at the end)!

Dear PC connoisseurs in this thread (incl. handheld/hybrid-PC connoisseurs) why do you even care and comment about the Switch 2? You aren't really interested in it anyway, no matter the specs. You like high resolutions, high frame rates and ray tracing, the Switch 2 (and to be frank, even PS5 and Xbox Series S/X) isn't for you. You like to spend a lot of time in the settings menu for each game to optimise all the parameters in order to get the best out of each game - that's great but that's exactly what the majority of console gamers don't want to mess with. They prefer to use their limited free time to actually play the games. For them, a good game is good, no matter the settings and a bad game remains bad even at the best optimised settings.

You must be very happy because from now on it seems you will get any former PlayStation and Xbox exclusive franchises on your PC. You can save a lot of money because you don't need to buy PlayStations and Xboxes anymore. The remaining ones are the Nintendo consoles (if you care for their exclusives). Maybe you truly like some of the Nintendo franchises but I guess you prefer to not buy Nintendo hardware and software anyways as you can have them on your PC as well, via emulator an you can enjoy those precious Nintendo games in high resolution, high frame frates and even with ray tracing. You really don't have to worry for the Switch 2 or any other console - you're fine, just be happy!

P.S.: I'm sorry if the above comes over a bit harsh but it really isn't intended to trash PC gamers. PC gaming is great and to have powerful hardware where you can play the "definitive" versions of a game has value. Tinkering and playing with the settings can be lot of fun too! The above should be read as an irony in context to the recent discussion on this thread.

Not sure who this aimed at but I can answer part of it.  Because Nintendo makes the best games in the world and regardless of specs, I grab Nintendo hardware for Nintendo games.  I have a good 30 games on my Switch.  Personally I would never miss out on zelda, Mario and metroid.  I love my PC for third party.  Different hardwares for different games.  

And yes I know your post was in jest.  But I just wanted to be on the record that I am 100% interested in the S2 and will buy it the day I can.

Edit

And **** EA.  Even with a PC I won't touch their MTX overpriced recycled garbage which EA is looking to start including real worlds ads in game.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

The PlayStation 5's GPU is similar to AMD's Radeon RX 6700, which was released in June 2021 at 500$ is basically the equivalent of the ps5 gpu. the switch 2 gpu is similar to a rtx 2050 that released in 2021 and the laptop can be purchased for 450$  how is a mobile gpu that came out in 2021 being in switch 2 In 2025 not dated hardware.

zeldaring said:

The PlayStation 5's GPU is similar to AMD's Radeon RX 6700, which was released in June 2021 at 500$ is basically the equivalent of the ps5 gpu. the switch 2 gpu is similar to a rtx 2050 that released in 2021 and the laptop can be purchased for 450$  how is a mobile gpu that came out in 2021 being in switch 2 In 2025 not dated hardware.

Because a laptop is a heck of a lot bigger than a portable unit like the Deck, Ally or Switch.  The S2 cannot have the same battery and cooling as a laptop.  It isn't realistic to expect a small form factor to have the same GPU as a giant laptop.  It is the reason the S2 won't be a portable series S, because it just isn't realistic given the form factor nature.  Which is fine.  It is a different target audience.  

For a small form factor, a 2050 isn't bad and above that, especially at $400, isn't feasible.  

Last edited by Chrkeller - on 13 May 2024

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Chrkeller said:
zeldaring said:

Because a laptop is a heck of a lot bigger than a portable unit like the Deck, Ally or Switch.  The S2 cannot have the same battery and cooling as a laptop.  It isn't realistic to expect a small form factor to have the same GPU as a giant laptop.  It is the reason the S2 won't be a portable series S, because it just isn't realistic given the form factor nature.  Which is fine.  It is a different target audience.  

For a small form factor, a 2050 isn't bad and above that, especially at $400, isn't feasible.  

I don't think the form factor matters that much when Nintendo is making 100 million of they will be getting part dirt cheap. The main issue with switch 2 is that it should have came out in mid 2024 for mid 2025 this will be dated very fast.

Around the Network
zeldaring said:
Chrkeller said:

I don't think the form factor matters that much when Nintendo is making 100 million of they will be getting part dirt cheap.

Form factor limits battery size which limits performance.  Form factor limits hear dissipation which limits performance.  

That is just basic computer building.  I built a form factor for my kids, it can't do a 4080 or 4090, it won't fit.  Plus it couldn't handle the heat.  

Form factor is absolutely a bottleneck.  Form factor and high end are opposing forces.  

And the S2 should be form factor not a giant monstrosity.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Chrkeller said:
zeldaring said:

I don't think the form factor matters that much when Nintendo is making 100 million of they will be getting part dirt cheap.

Form factor limits battery size which limits performance.  Form factor limits hear dissipation which limits performance.  

That is just basic computer building.  I built a form factor for my kids, it can't do a 4080 or 4090, it won't fit.

Form factor is absolutely a bottleneck.  Form factor and high end are opposing forces.  

I understand that form factor is a bottle neck just saying we been about these specs for Nearly 2 years now and to get basically the same specs for a switch 2 in 2025 just feels disappointing. 

zeldaring said:
Chrkeller said:

That is just basic computer building.  I built a form factor for my kids, it can't do a 4080 or 4090, it won't fit.

I understand that form factor is a bottle neck just saying we been about these specs for Nearly 2 years now and to get basically the same specs for a switch 2 in 2025 just feels disappointing. 

Maybe.  Depends on perspective.  Back in 2022 those specs were rumored for a switch pro.  Personally I never bought that nonsense.  

Edit

I still think people are underselling cooling and performance.  My computer has 8 standard fans, psu has 1 fan, cpu 2 fans and gpu has 3 fans....   the exhaust out of my computer is 38 to 40 C.  The S2 can't do cutting edge performance in a small form factor design.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Chrkeller said:
zeldaring said:

Maybe.  Depends on perspective.  Back in 2022 those specs were rumored for a switch pro.  Personally I never bought that nonsense.  

I mean there was leaked documents and confirmation by multiple reliable sources and  pro versions were were becoming the norm for consoles such a successful piece of hardware not to get a pro version when it needed one badly is kinda of insane.

zeldaring said:
Chrkeller said:

I mean there was leaked documents and confirmation by multiple reliable sources and  pro versions were were becoming the norm for consoles such a successful piece of hardware not to get a pro version when it needed one badly is kinda of insane.

Depends on how much people believe leaks.  I personally don't believe in rumors.  If rumors and leaks were accurate I would have WWHD and TWHD on the switch.  People, just my opinion, put way too much faith in leaks and rumors. 

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC