By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can Microsoft release all its games on Playstation?

jvmkdg said:

Do you believe that Microsoft may release more games on Playstation, in addition to those already announced? big games like Halo Gears Forza Starfield

They wont. They stated many times that games are Case by Case basis. They will do some, old, Niche, Gaas but they will have their own games to keep the Xbox brand alive.

Around the Network

Hard to say right now.
Depends if they want to keep pushing GP subs or not. The more they support PS5, the less XB console sales they'll have this gen and even worse against PS6.
Since it looks like it'll be a cold day in hell before SNY allows GP on their PS hardware, MS will need to be sure they'll get the sales and profits they want from supporting PS5 because it'll likely hurt GP subs quite a bit.

I'd guess if MS decides to go this route, they'll keep porting games over but will be careful not to port too many too quickly, while also not porting anything too important in terms of hardcore exclusives. I don't think they would make an official announcement that most if not all their games are going to PS until next gen.
Now if MS is just fishing for more GP customers in the PS pond, then they'll probably keep doing what they've done so far from time to time, just to try and entice whoever bites from the PS crowd to come over, which means there won't be that many ports and they won't be big name titles.

Azzanation said:
jvmkdg said:

Do you believe that Microsoft may release more games on Playstation, in addition to those already announced? big games like Halo Gears Forza Starfield

They wont. They stated many times that games are Case by Case basis. They will do some, old, Niche, Gaas but they will have their own games to keep the Xbox brand alive.

The case by case is already an old statement at this point. The last statement by Phil he specifically said nothing is off the table. He didn't say Halo is never going, he didn't say Gears is never going. He said nothing is off the table. That means it's possible everything comes over.

NobleTeam360 said:

Right now I'm leaning towards no on big titles like Halo and Forza. Maybe smaller stuff like Hellblade 2 could make the jump though. But I guess a lot depends on how bad Xbox hardware continues to decline.

Hm, given how it seems Satya (CEO of Microsoft)  wants Xbox to be multiplatform; I think it's highly likely that all Xbox, Bethesda, and ABK games will come to PlayStation. 

method114 said:
Azzanation said:

The case by case is already an old statement at this point. The last statement by Phil he specifically said nothing is off the table. He didn't say Halo is never going, he didn't say Gears is never going. He said nothing is off the table. That means it's possible everything comes over.

He also never said they are coming.

His statements align more with if a game underperforms, they might look into it.

Thats the standard practice that seems to match his wording.

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
method114 said:

His statements align more with if a game underperforms, they might look into it.

Maybe but I honestly doubt it. I think everything is coming over. There's just no point in releasing some and not everything. You've already done the damage to the brand by releasing some might as well just go all in and focus on bringing in revenue. Hardware sales are dropping no matter what. There is no saving the hardware at this point and GP has been a failure. On top of that not only has GP not worked it's hurt the software sales on their own ecosystem making the hardware sales even less important.

Also when Phil said case by case I'm pretty sure he was just talking about Bethesda games. I don't think anyone expected XGS games to be included in that.

method114 said:
Azzanation said:

Maybe but I honestly doubt it. I think everything is coming over. There's just no point in releasing some and not everything. You've already done the damage to the brand by releasing some might as well just go all in and focus on bringing in revenue. Hardware sales are dropping no matter what. There is no saving the hardware at this point and GP has been a failure. On top of that not only has GP not worked it's hurt the software sales on their own ecosystem making the hardware sales even less important.

Also when Phil said case by case I'm pretty sure he was just talking about Bethesda games. I don't think anyone expected XGS games to be included in that.

Yes, they can port some and not all. They release ports if they want an extra boost in cash or keep others to keep their own eco-system alive. It doesn't have to be black or white.

Azzanation said:
method114 said:

Yes, they can port some and not all. They release ports if they want an extra boost in cash or keep others to keep their own eco-system alive. It doesn't have to be black or white.

I agree that's what they can do I just don't think they have any interest in doing that anymore. I think MS similar to embracer put themselves in a very poor position at the worst possible time considering interest rates and gaming on a downturn post covid. That's why everything appears so erratic from them lately. Things are changing behind the scenes and I assume MS has taken over Xbox's strategy from here on out. 

Either way I think we will find out soon one way or the other. Things seem to be moving quicker than even I expected.

Apparently Hellblade 2 is one of the games thats being considered right now.

method114 said:
Azzanation said:

I agree that's what they can do I just don't think they have any interest in doing that anymore. I think MS similar to embracer put themselves in a very poor position at the worst possible time considering interest rates and gaming on a downturn post covid. That's why everything appears so erratic from them lately. Things are changing behind the scenes and I assume MS has taken over Xbox's strategy from here on out. 

Either way I think we will find out soon one way or the other. Things seem to be moving quicker than even I expected.

It depends, MS are not dumb, they know if they want to continue being a platform, they also need games, even if its like 5 out of 10 remain exclusives.