By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can Microsoft release all its games on Playstation?

Bettwr than drop bombs after bomb and close the studios.

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
method114 said:

I agree that's what they can do I just don't think they have any interest in doing that anymore. I think MS similar to embracer put themselves in a very poor position at the worst possible time considering interest rates and gaming on a downturn post covid. That's why everything appears so erratic from them lately. Things are changing behind the scenes and I assume MS has taken over Xbox's strategy from here on out. 

Either way I think we will find out soon one way or the other. Things seem to be moving quicker than even I expected.

It depends, MS are not dumb, they know if they want to continue being a platform, they also need games, even if its like 5 out of 10 remain exclusives.

MS don't care, and likely rather they go 3rd party, simple and has higher profit margins.
They have the money.... they just want more.

Something like Hi-fi rush probably was profitable, but they dont want games that barely make profit....
they want big tittles that makes 10 times the returns, and in bigger numbers (to even care about them).
Otherwise, there's the door (closes down studio).

Now you see them opening up a Mobile Phone Storefront.
Which will need support....  So they are going to move people from makeing pc/console content, to start makeing mobile games.

That is not the move of someone that cares about "continueing being a platform".

You have phil, saying you dont need a xbox.
They dont care where you play.

Which used to mean, you can play on pc as well.
Now lots of titles are going to playstation and switch.

You can only see that as a "we honestly dont care about the hardware platform" take.
They are going 3rd party.

Everything they do and say, is pointing that way.
They just havn't yet come out and directly said it.

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 10 May 2024

JRPGfan said:
Azzanation said:

It depends, MS are not dumb, they know if they want to continue being a platform, they also need games, even if its like 5 out of 10 remain exclusives.

MS don't care, and likely rather they go 3rd party, simple and has higher profit margins.

Something like Hi-fi rush probably was profitable, but they dont want games that barely make profit....
they want big tittles that makes 10 times the returns, and in bigger numbers (to even care about them).

Which will need support....  So they are going to move people from makeing pc/console content, to start makeing mobile games.

That is not the move of someone that cares about "continueing being a platform".

You can only see that as a "we honestly dont care about the hardware platform" take.

They brought ABK to boost mobile.

MS still have the PC audience they need a footprint in. Hardware is dying across the board. MS are right, we dont need expensive boxes anymore to play games, and future generations will have full benefit of that.

The real question is not IF, is WHEN.

Sea of thieves had great results, I think Starfield complete edition alongside The Master Chief Collection are next.

Hellblade 2 next year as well

It would be what you call a Faustian bargain with Sony, as releasing games that they have said would always be only on the XBOX, would now be with a competitor and thus they would look weak/desperate/about to pull out of the "race". I could care less whether they do or not, because i'm a PC gamer, but it wouldn't be good. This is why Microsoft has not done this yet. Eventually, however, things may get worse for Microsoft (which was named after a certain undersized bodypart of bill gates) and they may have to make a hard decision to basically become a 3rd party until they stop making further consoles, in order to squeeze as much $$$$ as possible out of the latest console as possible. That's what i think. Feel free to respond or disagree as you see fit, gentlemen.

Last edited by shavenferret - on 10 May 2024

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
JRPGfan said:

MS still have the PC audience they need a footprint in. Hardware is dying across the board. MS are right, we dont need expensive boxes anymore to play games, and future generations will have full benefit of that.

We do need expensive boxes play games. How else are we going to play them?

method114 said:
Azzanation said:

We do need expensive boxes play games. How else are we going to play them?

Apps, PC, Mobile, Streaming..

Azzanation said:

Such nonsense.

I'll give you that Xbox is dying, but the PS5 is keeping pace with the PS4 while for Switch we are talking about a potentially new record in lifetime sales for a video game console.

You really have to stop to start with the conclusion that "Microsoft gets it, Microsoft is right, Microsoft knows this business better than anyone else" and then work backwards from there. Your analyses are awful.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

All Xbox games will come to PlayStation and Switch platforms. Xbox is now a 3rd party publisher.

RolStoppable said:
Azzanation said:

Such nonsense.

I'll give you that Xbox is dying, but the PS5 is keeping pace with the PS4 while for Switch we are talking about a potentially new record in lifetime sales for a video game console.

You really have to stop to start with the conclusion that "Microsoft gets it, Microsoft is right, Microsoft knows this business better than anyone else" and then work backwards from there. Your analyses are awful.

You again failing to understand what's being said. MS are right, meaning MS will be okay moving forward.