By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can Microsoft release all its games on Playstation?

Do you believe that Microsoft may release more games on Playstation, in addition to those already announced? big games like Halo Gears Forza Starfield

Around the Network

Yes. They can.
Should they? Sure. - If they can see the business sense in it.

I am all for more gamers having access to more quality games, it's good for the consumer.
...But probably not ideal for Xbox as a brand itself... But Microsoft isn't worth 3.1~ trillion dollars for nothing, they know how to make money.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Right now I'm leaning towards no on big titles like Halo and Forza. Maybe smaller stuff like Hellblade 2 could make the jump though. But I guess a lot depends on how bad Xbox hardware continues to decline.

They could sure. But what is left of their brand if they have no game exclusives?

I'm expecting the whole slate to be ported over.

Around the Network
Tober said:

They could sure. But what is left of their brand if they have no game exclusives?

perhaps their intention is to become a third-party production company. Keeping the console only for the brand's most loyal.

jvmkdg said:
Tober said:

perhaps their intention is to become a third-party production company. Keeping the console only for the brand's most loyal.

At this point in time, I think that is their intention but I think that will last for only one more generation, as I don't believe there are enough loyalists out there to justify the investment on the release of a closed platform; and that is without mentioning that the smaller the install base, the harder it is to convince 3rd party developers to release their games on your platform; unless, their next hardware is actually a portable PC ala SteamDeck (but with Windows).

chakkra said:
jvmkdg said:

At this point in time, I think that is their intention but I think that will last for only one more generation, as I don't believe there are enough loyalists out there to justify the investment on the release of a closed platform; and that is without mentioning that the smaller the install base, the harder it is to convince 3rd party developers to release their games on your platform; unless, their next hardware is actually a portable PC ala SteamDeck (but with Windows).

There are already portable windows PC's with Steamdeck form factor.
Ayaneo for instance.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
chakkra said:

There are already portable windows PC's with Steamdeck form factor.
Ayaneo for instance.

And your point is?

I think all Xbox games will be on PS via Gamepass within the next decade. MS clearly wants out of the hardware business. They just have to make the numbers work with Sony and/or Nintendo to put GP on those platforms. They will get there eventually.