By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New IP's Made Just for You?

What's the last new IP announced that made you say, "Yes! This is just what I've been waiting for!"

For me it's Kemuri:

If it's everything the trailer promises then it's the nimble, open ended bit of platforming action that I've been craving for ages, now. A reveal hasn't resonated with me like this since The Last of Us.

Hbu?

Around the Network

Hades

Probably No Rest for the Wicked.

I love isometric action-RPGs in general. Plus it comes from the studio that made, arguably, the best video game of the past five years. 

Stormgate!

RTS is one of my favorite genres of games and this year the genre is having a bit of a renaissance. Stormgate brings together a lot of former Blizzard devs from their RTS golden age along with Command & Conquer devs to make what seems to be a dream RTS. I've been playing the Closed Beta and so far I've been loving everything I've played!

It somehow manages to capture a fine balance between the micromanagement of Warcraft III and the macromanagement of StarCraft II. 

Then the campaign has the legendary Chris Metzen helping in bringing the story and the lore together to bring what I hope to be an epic saga. They even just released a 5 chapter Novella to establish the setting, characters, and world lore. Can't wait for this to release! 

Veknoid_Outcast said:

Probably No Rest for the Wicked.

I love isometric action-RPGs in general. Plus it comes from the studio that made, arguably, the best video game of the past five years. 

I adore Ori.  So excited for their next title.  Looks amazing.

Around the Network

These days I don't have time to go to other sites and look up trailers and gaming news, so this thread is a good topic to have.

Maybe i'll find something great in here to inspire me to get back into more frequent gaming then just casual mario kart at lunch time at work lol.

The Plucky Squire

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Love old school beat`em ups and this looks and feels like its ripped straight out of a 90s arcade. Great game.

Recent years?

Daemon X Machina

Astral Chain

Ruiner

Nex Machina

The Ascent

Scarlet Nexus

Astebreed

Evil West

Soulstice

Bomb Rush Cyberfunk

Prodeus

Potentially Stellar Blade.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Signalstar said:

The Plucky Squire

Beat me to it!

Hmmm, what else... recently I have fallen in love with the boomer shooter genre, where many new IPs can be found. One of my favourites from recent years is 2022's Prodeus:

Another Crab's Treasure also seems tailor made for me as someone who has always been intrigued by the Souls genre but needed an accessible entry point with less frustration: