By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New IP's Made Just for You?

curl-6 said:

someone who has always been intrigued by the Souls genre but needed an accessible entry point with less frustrati

Play Elden Ring and make a mixed Int/Dex or mixed Faith/Str Build. With the help of Spirit Ashes, it's like playing on easy mode 

Look for a guide to understand what each stat do when you're leveling up, so you don't waste your time grinding the wrong stats 

Around the Network

Unicorn Overlord.

Atlus just went ahead and made a game just for me.

Mummelmann said:

I'm loving the influx of CRPGs these past few years, there's been a lot of bangers. ARPGs have also had an uptick, this year alone is stacked. One thing that really excited me lately was the "Little Devil Inside" trailer they just released; it has a very unique atmosphere and concept, from what I can tell, and the combat looks like great fun.

Overall, I'm really glad that more grounded productions with more focus on fun and strong single-player experiences are being shown and sold (heck; Last Epoch has an offline single-player mode!). I think the contrast between these and coming wave of GaaS games will be night and day.

I definitely didn't have CRPGs and RTSs coming back from the dead on my bingo card in the 2020s lol loving it though! 

Others in recent years that have been just my thing:

Hellblade

Loved its setting, style, and deeply emotional story

13 Sentinels

A love letter to classic sci-fi and one of the most unique games out there

Dusk

Fast, fierce, crunchy and gloriously badass.

G2ThaUNiT said:
Mummelmann said:

I'm loving the influx of CRPGs these past few years, there's been a lot of bangers. ARPGs have also had an uptick, this year alone is stacked. One thing that really excited me lately was the "Little Devil Inside" trailer they just released; it has a very unique atmosphere and concept, from what I can tell, and the combat looks like great fun.

Overall, I'm really glad that more grounded productions with more focus on fun and strong single-player experiences are being shown and sold (heck; Last Epoch has an offline single-player mode!). I think the contrast between these and coming wave of GaaS games will be night and day.

I definitely didn't have CRPGs and RTSs coming back from the dead on my bingo card in the 2020s lol loving it though! 

I'd say CRPGs were already quite well and alive in 2010s, ever since KS revolution.

Around the Network

For me it was mass effect. It was my sci fi dream come to life.

BiON!@